Option 2: Create a New Profile
Vice President, Customer Experience
- Job Title
- Vice President, Customer Experience
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
The New Energies group in Shell is focused on leading in the energy transition towards a low-carbon future through power / electrification, supporting our aim to power progress together through more and cleaner energy solutions. MP2 is an integral part of Shell’s global New Energy organization and with a mission to guide customers toward a better energy future, by enabling customer choice and by providing market-leading energy solutions.
The Vice President of Customer Experience is responsible for leading and facilitating ownership and execution of consumer customer experience excellence throughout our company. Our vision for customer experience is alignment to strategic retail energy consumer segments’ expectations and goals and delivering seamless, transparent and frictionless experience that sustains customer loyalty and facilitates strong Net Promoter Score and business growth. You are responsible for the strategies, processes, systems, and tools that deliver of the customer experience. You will build an inbound customer engagement organization focused on inbound sales and digital/phone support. You will develop customer lifecycle management and communication strategies and programs. You will work closely with and influence the executive management team, business unit champions, sales, marketing, operations, legal, regulatory, IT, and strategy leaders locally, regionally and globally to embed and facilitate customer experience excellence ownership and focus throughout the company. As strategic customers’ expectations evolve, this executive will drive ongoing alignment to maximize customer lifetime value growth.
This initial role focuses on leading the launch of a consumer home energy business with a focus on Texas. The rapidly evolving retail energy market is a natural place for Shell to expand its business. We aim to grow our customer base by offering an attractive range of products and a real alternative to other companies in the sector.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and roll-out the company’s customer experience maturity roadmap for holistic management and incremental sophistication as internal capabilities increase and external expectations evolve
- Lead the deployment and ongoing improvement of customer engagement and support processes and tools
- Build and develop an industry leading customer engagement team for inbound digital and phone sales and support
- Develop and deploy the company’s customer experience strategy, including characterization of strategic customer segments and implications for charters and roles throughout the company, and systematic collection and application of customer experience insights for strategic advantage and growth
- Coordinate the various roles associated with customer experience management throughout the company, minimizing silos of systems, data, assumptions, hand-offs, performance and customer touch-points
- Develop a customer research, feedback, and improvement program to constantly assess performance and continuously improve experiences, processes and tools
- Develop and deploy systematic actioning on customer experience insights by cross-functional representatives, to prevent recurrence of issues and to create new mutual value associated with key drivers of customer lifetime value
- Maintain a dashboard of KPIs visible to the business that demonstrate and connect how lagging indicators of market performance and leading indicators of team performance related to key drivers of customer lifetime value
- Align the organization’s customer experience strategies with the company’s business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning and customer strategy development, forecasting, resource planning, and budgeting
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Participate and collaborate across the local, regional, and global organizations to develop broader strategies, linkages, best practices, etc.
- Accountable for adhering to regulatory requirements, reporting, and compliance policies
- Responsible for hiring and performance management of staff within the Customer Experience department
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
- Critical/Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Quick Learner
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations co-workers and higher-level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Commercial professional with 10+ years’ experience in retail energy, home energy products and services, or B2C markets
- Demonstrated ability to create shared vision, inspire collaboration, and drive change with momentum
- Proven ability to lead cross-business and functional projects in uncertain environments
- Track record of customer-centric decision-making
- Strong background in customer experience, customer strategy, customer support, process management, process improvement, human-centered design and performance management
- Tech-savvy, with direct experience deploying Salesforce and digital support channels
- Prior management of sales and marketing teams and budgets in a performance-based environment
- Proven accountability for revenue growth, new market penetration and associated KPIs
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong, data-driven problem resolution skills, including the ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
- Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.