- Job Title
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Job ID
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Other Location
Our client is focused on hiring the right people, in the right jobs, to help them continue to grow and move forward in creating a new level of service in the IT industry. Do you have what it takes to join the team? With decades of combined experience in the IT and cybersecurity space, their leadership team thrives on helping their clients solve their most complex IT challenges.
- Client Oriented - They are nothing without their clients.
- Operationally Excellent - Strive for Perfection. Obtain Excellence.
- Relational and Compassionate – Support their clients’ mission through friendly service.
- See Things to Completion - Take the first step and finish what you start.
- Integrity, Always do the Right Thing - Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. Win trust.
- Committed to Team - Strive to meet your personal, team, and company goals.
- Accountable to one another and the clients - They’re counting on you, and so are their clients.
Our client has developed its own custom software to improve operational efficiency, drive client engagement and satisfaction, support sales efforts, improve security, and assist with their own and their clients' digital transformation efforts. As the Software Engineer, you’ll be expected draw upon your experience and expertise to design, develop, and maintain these software solutions.
As the Software Engineer, you will be an active participant in the software development team on assigned projects. This includes the following:
- Contribute to the definition of development processes and standards.
- Research possible approaches to meeting technical requirements.
- Make technology selection and design recommendations.
- Promote innovation and learning on the team.
- Outline code and system designs.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Write code.
- Test and review code.
- Write and maintain system documentation.
- Deploy code.
- Debug/analyze code to determine root cause of problems/issues.
- Maintain and improve code quality.
Some of this work may be done individually, but it will all be performed in a collaborative environment as part of a cross-functional project team, including, as appropriate, other Software Developers, Designers, Business Analysts and Product Managers.
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as a software developer or equivalent.
- Experience with APIs (esp. built in Ruby or Node), relational databases (esp. Postgres), version control (GIT).
Abilities, Attributes, and Knowledge
- Effective communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfortable working independently or with a team.
- Pushes tasks to completion.
- Empathizes with software users.
Our client wants to be fully invested in the growth and well-being of their employees. They offer the following benefits to their staff at all locations:
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.