Option 2: Create a New Profile
Product Owner - Sales/Marketing
- Job Title
- Product Owner - Sales/Marketing
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
If you are a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in energy, technology, and a passion to deliver products for a growing company, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a strong software Product Owner to work with our dream team delivering new scalable solutions to fulfill front office technology expectations. This role is focused on the front- end experience involving customer acquisitions, how we gain/entice new customers, web services, MyAccount, and the customer experience from sign-up to bill. This position is also a fully integrated member of the Software Development team who will be responsible for creating user stories, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product. This role also works very closely with many teams across MP2 and Shell to evolve the product roadmap and communicate delivery schedules. Key successes will come from meeting expected return on investment metrics which will drive MP2 growth expectations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
-Responsible for shaping the future evolution of front office marketing including the onboarding cycle and life journey of the customer’s
-Work directly with MP2 stakeholders to understand areas for business process design and enhancement by way of evaluating and making recommendations on specifications for new features or system enhancements.
- Responsible for digital marketing campaigns, search engine optimization, web analytics, and product design.
-Provide online support including knowledge articles, and FAQs.
-Responsible for loyalty programs, customer communications, and email templates.
-Develop all necessary design, user story requirements, and testing specifications to be used by the development and quality assurance teams for sprint-ready qualifications
-Work collaboratively within a Scrum team to produce high quality software applications.
-Translate high-level strategy & product direction into features, epics and user stories: prioritize in the product backlog for selection for sprint backlog.
-Evaluate the quality of ongoing project work efforts and ensure production proceeds according to schedule.
-Provide direct input on the product roadmap to align with company goals, milestones, strategy, and budget.
-Define long-term, short-term and daily work priorities to guide the effort of the development team working in a scrum approach.
-Responsible for change management including the notification to all impacted departments to ensure changes are well understood and meet their needs.
-Prioritize and own backlog grooming sessions and drive acceptance testing and the delivery of iterations.
-Communicate proactively on status, changes, gaps, and workarounds clearly and succinctly to all project stakeholders including third party vendor(s)
-Responsible for communicating overall project status and needed escalation to the leadership team if scope, budget, or timeline is at risk
-Lead in giving demos and training other MP2 departments impacted by new features.
-Give and receive feedback from Retrospectives with the Business Solutions Team to share best practices and continuously improve quality.
Essential Skills and Experience:
-Deep knowledge of the energy industry and retail electric provider business operations with an emphasis on retail marketing focused on customer acquisition with a digital journey
-Experience in the customer marketing functions of retail power (i.e. company portal, customer communication, IVR, MyAccount portals, digital mobile apps), in the US de-regulated energy markets
-Work with outside vendor system integrators to drive on schedule and on budget.
-Experience in gathering requirements, engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, defining product strategy and roadmaps, translating requirements to development and QA teams and being the voice of the business.
-Comprehensive understanding of business rules and retail operations.
-Ability and desire to learn new technologies and support the continuous improvement of MP2.
-Knowledge of Agile development methodologies, especially Scrum.
-Advanced leadership skills with the capacity to influence.
-Experience with change management best practices.
-Ability to drill down into the details of a delivery request without losing sight of the big picture.
-Assist in testing on an as needed basis.
-Strong interpersonal, analytical and time management skills.
-Possess a wide degree of creativity and innovation.
-Ability to multi-task, problem solve and articulate thoughts and concepts well.
-Ability to think strategically as well as understand the practical, day-to-day implementation requirements for successful completion.
-Conflict management and resolution.
- 5+ years of experience in Retail Marketing or Operations roles, Product Owner, Project Management and/or Business Analyst capacity
- Bachelor’s degree Major: Business, Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in project management tools, process mapping(Lucid) and agile process tools(ADO, JIRA)
- General understanding of one or more Salesforce Modules, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Communities and Velocity
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Teams, Word, Outlook and strong Excel skills
- Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a vested interest in team goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Self-motivated with the desire to consistently improve performance and gain further knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills
Nice to Have’s
· - General understanding of data process mapping, data structures
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops or similar tool for Product management
· - Proficient in one or more programming languages
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:- Competitive Compensation- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)- Disability Programs (STD & LTD)- Employee Basic Term Life Insurance- Vacation & Company Holidays- Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.