Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- .NET Developer
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32935
- Other Location
Liberty IT Solutions is working with the Department of Veterans Affairs to migrate and modernize a large proprietary data store to a modern commercial Electronical Health Record solution.
The .NET Development Engineer will design, develop, and maintain software applications that facilitate the ongoing data migration and leverage this data store in creative ways to support key VA initiatives and objectives. The successful candidate will be an inquisitive problem solver with the ability to quickly analyze the needs for specific projects and implement effective solutions with minimal direction.
The Development Engineer will analyze customer needs and develop overall design concept and objectives with an eye to performance, architecture, and security. A successful .NET Developer will be able to create logical and functional software code in a variety of languages within the .NET framework. The Developer should be able to understand and articulate the benefits and risks associated with different coding languages in different functional environments and be capable of creating applications from scratch as well as understanding and configuring existing systems. The Developer should also be comfortable providing user support and giving technical direction and product oversight to more junior developers.
Required Education: BS degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer and Information Security, or related IT degree.
Required Experience: Three (3) years of relevant experience with .NET, SQL or related technologies.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Windows Presentation Foundation experience
- Experience with Unit Tests/TDD, Automated Acceptance Testing, and Service/Micro Service Oriented Architecture
- Hands on experience with Telerik UI for WPF, Telerik UI for WPF 508 Compliance and Telerik Test Studio
- Creating and integrating SQL scripts to configure the UI of the application and developing new configurations using Metadata-Driven development approach.
- Working knowledge of data mapping, extraction, data migration, decision support systems, data marts/data warehousing and relational and dimensional modeling.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document the developed solutions.
- Apply development best practices as test-driven development (TDD) techniques and integration tests for all developed software.
- Design, develop, implement, debug, and improve software applications.
- Familiarity with security protocols for Web development (OAUTH, TLS) configuration.
- Troubleshooting .NET applications and working closely with SQL Server DBAs, System Administrators, Data Storage Engineers, and Caché developers to troubleshoot issues.
- Proficient with Java and C# with hands-on programming experience and fluency in multiple development languages.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles.
- Experience with secure development principles and practices.
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion and troubleshooting clients' technical issues.
- Detail oriented, task driven, and self-motivated with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High work standards, results oriented, and a demonstrated ability to deliver high quality software on time.
- Able to engage with users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers.
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases.
Preferred Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
- SQL Server
- API Development
- InterSystems Caché/IRIS or Ensemble
- Power BI/Tableau CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Previous Government experience, especially the VA
- Preference for person with current VA network access and Tier 2 Public Trust