BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Cloud Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Linthicum, MD 21061
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-Time
Platform Engineer with experience in Cloud technology (AWS), Python programming skills, and a strong Linux foundation. The ideal candidate is a strong systems integrator with an eye for opportunity to enhance, optimize, or increase robustness of an existing code base. The candidate should have experience with infrastructure as code and be able to leverage modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud.
Will significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data/Cloud technology. As a result, the candidate will be expected to work autonomously identifying and solving problems quickly while working toward broader strategic goals set by Architects on the team. Design and implement core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or similar. Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Platform Engineering or Software Development (Python or Java).
- Must have experience developing infrastructure in AWS.
- Have a solid understanding of Linux systems, hosts, networks, security, applications and proficiency in shell scripting (Shell/Bash).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience or familiarity with DISA’s Big Data Platform or other Big Data systems (e.g. Cloudera’s Distribution of Hadoop, Hortonworks Data Platform, MapR, etc..) is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes (or vendor flavor of Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Gitlab-CI, Travis-CI, etc.)
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github, Gitlab, etc.)
- A current U.S. government security clearance is desired, but not required on day 1. Will be processed for a Secret level clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome's range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Paid Time-off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
1. Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
2. Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
3. Upload a Current Resume
4.Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (Including questionnaire, resume and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for the position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis or race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, preform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case-basis.
- Required Skills