BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Data/ Software Engineer (Non-Cleared)
- Job Title
- Data/ Software Engineer (Non-Cleared)
- Requirement ID
- Linthicum, MD 21061
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-Time
Looking for a talented Data Engineer / Software Engineer to support the acquisition of mission critical and mission support data sets. The preferred candidate will have a background in supporting cyber and/or network related missions within the military spaces, as either an developer, analyst or engineer. The ideal candidate will have worked with big data systems, complex structured and unstructured data sets, and have supported government data acquisition, analysis, and/or sharing efforts in the past. To excel in the position, the candidate shall have a strong attention to detail, be able to understand technical complexities, and have the willingness to learn and adapt to the situation. The candidate will work both independently and as part of a large team to accomplish client objectives.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields. Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a developer, analyst, or engineer.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and Java.
- Proficiency with acquisition and understanding of network data and the associated metadata.
- Fluency with data extraction, translation, and loading including data prep and labeling to enable data analytics.
- Experience with data flow, management, and storage solutions (i.e. Kafka, NiFi, and AWS S3 and SQS solutions).
- Familiarity with various log formats such as JSON, XML, and others.
- Ability to decompose technical problems and troubleshoot system and dataflow
- Experience with NOSQL databases such as Accumulo desired
- Prior Experience supporting cyber and/or network security operations within a large enterprise, as either an analyst, engineer, architect, or developer.
- Experience with Kibana and Elasticsearch.
- A current U.S. government security clearance is desired, but not required on day 1. Will be processed for a Secret level clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome's range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Paid Time-off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
1. Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
2. Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
3. Upload a Current Resume
4.Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (Including questionnaire, resume and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for the position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis or race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, preform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case-basis.
- Required Skills