MAD Security Careers
Come join a team of some of the brightest and most innovative security experts around!
MAD Security offers a very competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, 401k matching, bonuses (we like to reward you for your hard work), training on next generation security tools, and flexible time off.
For Trusted Partners (1099):
We are also looking for partners that we can work with that can augment our skills and add depth to our team. We frequently receive requests for work that is a little out of our lane or that we can’t take on due to full bookings, and in those cases we like to work with trusted partners to create win/win scenarios.
MAD Security Career Postings:
Cybersecurity Junior Engineer – Intern/Part Time
- Job Title
- Cybersecurity Junior Engineer – Intern/Part Time
- Job ID
- Huntsville, AL 35806
- Other Location
Cybersecurity Junior Engineer – Intern/Part Time
MAD Security is the premier Managed Security Services Provider that combines technology, services, support, and training to simplify the cybersecurity challenge. We regularly provide our services and expertise to defense industry-based contractors, aviation and aerospace companies, government contractors, financial institutions, technology services companies, higher education institutes, and manufacturing entities to manage risk, meet compliance requirements, and reduce costs, while bringing them peace of mind.
Our team members consist of passionate security practitioners and thought leaders that continuously share forward thinking and innovative ideas. Team members work in a dynamic and collaborative environment providing our clients innovative solutions that fit their needs and keep their organizations safe from today’s cybersecurity threats. Team members employ cyber and information security methodologies designed to assess the triad of people, processes, and technologies.
This isn’t a go get coffee and take out the trash junior engineer or intern position! If you are interested in drinking from the firehose, possess an unwavering commitment to continuous improvement and learning, and a never give up attitude this position could be just what you’re looking for to break into the Cybersecurity field.
We’re looking for a junior cybersecurity engineer or intern to join our team part time and assist in multiple areas within our business. The candidate should have a solid technical knowledge base demonstrated by either practical technical skills or conceptual technical knowledge. Past successful candidates have demonstrated this to us with hobby projects, school projects/work, and even volunteer work. We are looking for someone that demonstrates they have a strong passion for technology and an ever-burning desire to focus that passion on Cybersecurity.
This team member will
- Operate within our security operations center to support our technology infrastructure
- Provide as-needed technical support and assistance
- Conduct Cybersecurity technical testing and vulnerability assessment tasks as directed
- Research and document new and existing processes, technologies, and information as directed
- Complete technical projects as directed to support internal company initiatives
- Work collaboratively with MAD Security’s Sales, Technical Testing Team, Cyber Risk and Compliance, and SOC to provide a holistic and seamless cybersecurity experience for our clients
- Strong Thinker: Analytical skills with an affinity for learning and innovation
- Self-Starter: Ability to self-motivate and self-manage
- Passion for high standards and constant improvement: Take great pride in the professional quality of your work and never compromise on short-term gains
- Integrity and Accountability: Maintain the highest set of ethical standards in everything you do, even when no one is looking
- Professional: Be reliable and deliver on your promises. If circumstances arise that prevent you from delivering on your promises, manage expectations with transparent communication to make the situation right
- Focused: Possess an unwavering commitment to achieve excellence
- Innovative: Value new ideas, methodologies, and breakthroughs. Continually pursue innovation by questioning and accepting common wisdom to create new ideas and approaches
- Currently possess or pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or other related field
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of network protocols and network fundamentals
- Knowledge and experience with scripting or programming to conduct IT operational tasks and data parsing tasks
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and complete required tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to improve skills and knowledge through both structure training and independent research
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Application Security or Vulnerability Assessment knowledge or experience
- Penetration Testing and Social Engineering knowledge or experience
- Security Operations knowledge or experience
- Knowledge or experience working with security solutions and technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, endpoint security, SIEM, vulnerability scanners, etc
- Knowledge of various security technologies and leading product families.
- Experience as any kind of system, device, or technology administrator
- Knowledge or experience of incident response technologies and processes
- Strong technical acumen and ability to quickly assimilate new information