COVID-19 impact on Pathways LA hours, events and trainings. LEARN MORE
- Job Title
- Payment Technician
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA 90010
- Other Location
Pathways LA gives back to the community. We pride themselves in strengthening low-income and vulnerable working families, promoting high quality early care and education services for children of all abilities, developing knowledgeable early care child care providers, and promoting economically resilient communities. For more information on please visit: www.pathwaysla.org
If you are a talented professional with a passion for children and families, please consider applying for the following position currently open:
Salary: $16/hr., plus benefits (see below for full benefits details)
Work Schedule: Mon. - Fri., Full-time, 37.5 hours/week
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Must be Bilingual English/Spanish
Primary Duties: Process payments vouchers for the Child Care Subsidy Program (which provide childcare reimbursements for low-income children so that their parent(s)/caregiver(s) can go to school or work). Maintain all documentation of the Payment Services Unit. Track the child care provider payments to ensure compliance with contract amounts. Maintain working knowledge of software, reporting requirements and deadlines. Respond to client inquiries regarding payment status.
AA in accounting or related field, preferred.
One to two years of experience in Bookkeeping/Accounting or related fields.
Strong customer service skills
Strong math skills.
Computer experience (Windows, MS Word and MS Excel)
Competency with written and spoken English.
Ability to work effectively with people from diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds.
Bilingual English/Armenia and English/Spanish.
A full background check is required for this position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Vacation & Sick Time
· 10 days of Vacation per year for the first 2 years of service. Accrual at start.
· 10 Sick Days per year. Accrual at start.
· 10 Holidays – no waiting period.
· 20 Paid Hours early release – no waiting period.
Medical, Dental & Vision
· Kaiser HMO Medical Plan (Pathways will pay 90% of employee)
· Non-Kaiser Options – you can also choose a Blue Shield HMO or UnitedHealthCare HMO or PPO
· PPO Dental Plan – (Pathways will pay 90% of employee)
· Vision Plan – (Pathways will pay 90% of employee)
· 403b Retirement Contributions:
- 3% of salary contribution by Pathways for all employees (whether you contribute or not)
- 50% match by Pathways on employee contributions up to 3% of salary
· Life Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees.
· Accident Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees
· Long Term Disability Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees
· Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-tax accounts) available to all employees
- Medical Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Commuter Expenses
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - paid by Pathways
- Counseling Services
- Child and Elder Care Referrals
- Financial and Legal Advice
- Balancing Work and Life Issues
- ...and more
· Adoption Assistance Program
· Voluntary Options
- Additional life insurance
- Additional accident insurance
We are an EEO and Fair Chance Process Employer