COVID-19 impact on Pathways LA hours, events and trainings. LEARN MORE
- Job Title
- Marketing Coordinator
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA 90010
- Other Location
Pathways LA gives back to the community. We pride ourselves in strengthening low-income and vulnerable working families, promoting high quality early care and education services for children of all abilities, developing knowledgeable early care child care providers, and promoting economically resilient communities. For more information on please visit: www.pathwaysla.org
If you are a talented professional with a passion for children and families, please consider applying for the following position currently open:
Salary: $23 - $25/hr DOE, plus benefits (see below for full benefits details)
Work Schedule: Mon. - Fri., Full-time, 37.5 hours/week
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: The Marketing Coordinator will support the execution of Pathways LA's marketing, outreach, and external facing presence in the community. The candidate will assist with the creation and distribution organization-wide email marketing, website maintenance, and collaborate across departments and with vendors to meet marketing needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Email marketing campaign design; familiarity with MailChimp or comparable email marketing system required.
- Routinely maintain and update website content (WordPress familiarity a plus).
- Write and edit internal and external communications for email, mail, publications, and social media; strong writing/communication skills required - writing sample will be requested of candidates granted an interview.
- Coordinate print and design projects with multiple third-party vendors.
- Project manage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain content calendar and marketing project schedules.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Self-starter who can offer creative solutions and new idea.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communication or related field from four-year college or university, or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Nonprofit experience preferred. Familiarity with early childhood education and public policy a plus.
Experience with email marketing campaign design; familiarity with MailChimp or comparable email marketing system required.
Experience with maintaining website content (WordPress familiarity a plus).
Must be able to write and edit internal and external communications for email, mail, publications, and social media; strong writing/communication skills required – A writing sample will be requested of candidates granted an interview.
Project management experience.
Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve. Must be flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and meet set deadlines.
Self-starter who can offer creative solutions and new idea.
Ability to work effectively with people from diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds, with a sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Internet Explorer) and Word Processing software. Must be Understanding of Google Analytics. Graphic Design experience a plus. MailChimp or other E-mail platform; WordPress preferred.
Written proficiency in Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, or Russian a plus.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorships are available for these positions.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Vacation & Sick Time
· 10 days of Vacation per year for the first 2 years of service. Accrual at start.
· 10 Sick Days per year. Accrual at start.
· 10 Holidays – no waiting period.
· 20 Paid Hours Early Release – no waiting period.
Medical, Dental & Vision
· Kaiser HMO Medical Plan (Pathways will pay 90% of employee)
· Non-Kaiser Options – you can also choose a Blue Shield HMO or UnitedHealthCare HMO or PPO
· PPO Dental Plan – (Pathways will pay 90% of employee)
· Vision Plan – (Pathways will pay 90% of employee)
· 403b Retirement Contributions:
- 3% of salary contribution by Pathways for all employees (whether you contribute or not)
- 50% match by Pathways on employee contributions up to 3% of salary
· Life Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees.
· Accident Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees
· Long Term Disability Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees
· Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-tax accounts) available to all employees
- Medical Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Commuter Expenses
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - paid by Pathways
- Counseling Services
- Child and Elder Care Referrals
- Financial and Legal Advice
- Balancing Work and Life Issues
- ...and more
· Adoption Assistance Program
· Voluntary Options
- Additional life insurance
- Additional accident insurance
We are an EEO and Fair Chance Process Employer