Option 2: Create a New Profile
Analyst, Integrated Product Structuring - National Markets
- Job Title
- Analyst, Integrated Product Structuring - National Markets
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
The Integrated Product Structuring Analyst is responsible for conceptualizing, modelling and structuring retail energy supply agreements that integrate retail supply with behind-the-meter (BTM) load shaping flexibility. The Analyst will be required to model an evolving set of load-shaping solutions such as rooftop solar, HVAC, natural gas reciprocating engines, high-speed electric vehicle chargers, energy storage, etc. (DERs), both as individual assets and as part of an integrated system. The Analyst will also develop a “value stacking” approach that includes not only the deployed technologies but also the potential for leveraging the value of existing MP2 commercial offerings such as demand response and demand charge management. Ultimately the Analyst will deliver scalable, standardized modelling and pricing approaches that can be applied in multiple US markets.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead integrated retail power supply/BTM DER pricing & valuation model development & implementation
- Reporting to the SVP of Pricing & Structuring, work closely with the commercial and support functions to define required modeling, analytics and pricing functionality
- Collaborate with the MP2 commercial teams (i.e., Shell Energy Inside, Sectors, Retail & Direct Sales) as well as the New Energies Distributed Solutions team to design and value integrated product bundles
- Model a broad range of DERs (e.g. rooftop solar, HVAC, , gas engines, etc.) either individually or operating as a system to value flexibility in the context of a retail supply agreement
- Propose innovative new structures that increase competitiveness, expand gross margins and enable longer tenor agreements
- Develop capabilities to model and propose structures for large individual customer sites and aggregated multi-site portfolios
- Work closely with MP2’s SVP IT and Shell Energy Platform to specify pricing system data and analytics needs
- Collaborate with MP2 Trading and Risk functions to identify potential additional system-wide risk management value from aggregating enhanced portfolio supply flexibility
- Complete all pricing requests in a timely manner and in accordance with Company’s retail pricing procedures and risk policy.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of data-related issues.
- Interface with other internal departments in the resolution of retail business issues as required.
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
- Advanced knowledge of the energy industry, retail products and related component structures
- Comprehensive understanding of business rules and operations
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and articulate thoughts and concepts well
- Ability to think strategically as well as understand the practical, day-to-day implementation requirements for successful completion
- Conflict management and resolution
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Effective face to face conversations with co-workers and MP2 and Shell Energy leadership
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- 3-5 + years Retail Energy pricing and structuring experience
- Experience modeling grid integrated, behind-the-meter assets
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capability
- BA/BS in a quantitative field from an accredited 4-year college or university; advanced degrees a plus
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and strong Excel skills
- Experience in management of large quantities of data (such as usage data and key attribute tables across multiple systems) via SQL or Alterix and analysis within visualization environments such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a vested interest in team goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Self-motivated with the desire to consistently improve performance and gain further knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skill
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
- Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.