Campground Maintenance/Property Manager - Non Resident
- Job Title
- Campground Maintenance/Property Manager - Non Resident
- Job ID
- Seabrook, TX 77586
- Other Location
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
What type of organization would you choose?
For more than 100 years, Girl Scouts has helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life. From the youngest Girl Scout to our graduating high school seniors, we believe in the power of every G.I.R.L (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, and Leader). Through our programming, girls are exposed to a vast array of educational topics such as the arts, entrepreneurship, the outdoors and STEM. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader. The leadership program for girls is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience model, which allows girls to discover a positive value system and a strong sense of self, connect with others, build healthy relationships, identify causes that are meaningful, and take action to make the world a better place.
Campground Maintenance/Property Manager - Non-Resident
The Property Manager - Non-Resident serves under the Facilities Director's general supervision, responsible for the overall appearance and ongoing management of the Council’s camp property. Serve as an on-site resource to volunteers utilizing site and maintain assigned campsite to meet American Camp Association (ACA) and federal, state and local standards.
This position is responsible for the performance of routine maintenance to facilities, grounds and equipment; execution of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and a variety of construction and maintenance projects within budget and established time frames; and preparing for and responding to all visitors on-site needs, while providing a security presence for the property to ensure safety of individuals on-site and protect the council’s property.
This Property Manager is a non-residential position that is expected to be “on-call” for emergency tasks during off-hours. This position requires flexibility to work overtime, extended days and/or weekends as needed.
Requirements (not all inclusive):
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with general maintenance, electrical work, carpentry and plumbing.
- Familiar with a variety of ground equipment (ex. backhoe, tractor, mower, box blade, etc).
- Working knowledge of bench tools (ex. drill press, saw, router, etc), hand tools (power and manual) and various facility maintenance tools and equipment required.
- Must know how to use MS Office and be able to navigate the internet.
- Must have valid TX Driver's License, excellent driving record, and state required personal liability insurance. CDL preferred. First Aid/AED/CPR certification and CPO (Certified Pool Operator) desireable. Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) license or previous MEP experience required.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. Each individual involved must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law..