GirlScouts

Part-Time Boat Maintenance/General Utility Assistant - Clear Lake Shores, TX

Job Title
Part-Time Boat Maintenance/General Utility Assistant - Clear Lake Shores, TX
Job ID
27430369
Location
Clear Lake Shores,  TX 77565
Other Location
Description

Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.

What type of organization would you choose?

For more than 100 years, Girl Scouts has helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life. From the youngest Girl Scout to our graduating high school seniors, we believe in the power of every G.I.R.L (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, and Leader). Through our programming, girls are exposed to a vast array of educational topics such as the arts, entrepreneurship, the outdoors and STEM. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader. The leadership program for girls is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience model, which allows girls to discover a positive value system and a strong sense of self, connect with others, build healthy relationships, identify causes that are meaningful, and take action to make the world a better place.

Part-Time Boat Maintenance/General Utility Assistant - Clear Lake Shores area

The Part-Time Boat Maintenance / General Utility serves as an assistant to the Property Manager to help maintain Council-owned facilities within the framework of Council policies, ACA standards, goals, objectives, and approved budget.  This position is responsible for inspection, maintenance, repair, winterizing and general care of boats and marine assets to ensure lasting and full use. This position will do lite motor/mechanical work and bilge pump repair, as well as painting, fiberglass patching, hull repair, daggar board repair, and sail/trimline rigging repair. and to generally ensure safety of marine equipment, which will equate to about 75% of the part-time position.  The remaining 25% of the position is spent engaged in general maintenance of the facility and grounds, which will include performing light electrical, plumbing and carpentry work as assigned, general maintenance/repair of equipment, and assist with pool cleaning. This position is under general supervision of the Property Manager and does not have any direct reports.

Requirements (not all inclusive):

  • High school diploma, or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.  Must have experience repairing and maintaining marine equipment.
  • Previous experience with general maintenance, electrical work, carpentry plumbing and boat maintenance. 
  • Familiar with a variety of ground equipment.
  • Working knowledge of bench tools (ex. drill press, saw, router, etc), hand tools (power and manual) and various facility maintenance tools and equipment required.
  • Must have valid Driver's License; Commercial License preferred.

Benefits:

We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.

Pluralism Statement:

Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. Each individual involved must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls.

 

We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

           

Option 2: Create a New Profile