Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- Contracts Manager
- Job ID
- Herndon, VA 20171
- Other Location
Summary: The Contract Manager is responsible for managing contracts Liberty is negotiating and entering with subcontractors. Contract Managers need to be knowledgeable about the details and benefits of contracts, as well as potential disadvantages. The Contract Manager also reviews proposals against government requests for adherence, completeness and unusual contract terms. The Contract Manager liaises with business development/sales, project delivery and finance teams to ensure contracts documents reflect our business arrangements and needs accurately and are controlled appropriately through their life.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 3 years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Writing, evaluating, negotiating and executing various contract documents covering a range of transactions (nondisclosure and confidentiality, teaming arrangements, subcontracts, contracts briefs, proposal reviews, independent contractor agreements, purchase orders, invoice reviews, contract staffing, price requests, closeouts, etc)
- Creating and maintaining relationships with suppliers and customers
- Maintaining correspondence and documentation related to contracts and subcontracts
- Communicating and presenting information to stakeholders regarding contracts/subcontracts and proposals; Provide support and advice regarding risk assessment on new potential businesses opportunities
- Monitoring contracts and moving forward with close-out, extension or renewal of contracts
- Ensure FAR/DFARs, Federal Purchasing system and other legislative requirements are met
- Support investigation and review of actual and potential contract breaches
- Problem-solving contract-related issues
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Support staff training related to purchasing and contracts management.
- Review purchase orders and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Support development and implementation of purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Support formal pricing and bids for government proposal efforts.
- Prepare bid awards and subcontract documents; follow-up on renewal documents.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- High standards of professionalism are essential, as well as the ability to operate under minimal supervision.
- Maintain and coordinate excellent working relationships with government agencies and subcontractors/suppliers.
- Ensure the organization's internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained
- Meet with customers to discuss both legal and business matters
- Provide advice and guidance to the different teams relating to contract generation
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement these changes
- 2 or more years of purchasing and contracting experience required.
- Federal Government contracts management experience required.
- Must have ability to use discretion when handling sensitive personal and financial information.
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision
- Deep understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language and the contract lifecycle
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications
- Superior reading, writing and language skills
- Excellent understanding of the business or industry, its services, customers and providers
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as a solid group contributor working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of FAR/DFAR
- Ability to write contracts/subcontracts in a Federal ecosystem
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment. Ability to manage multiple activities with multiple priorities
- Highly organized
- Department of Veterans Affairs contracts management experience preferred.
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality production time
- Proficiency with Deltek or other purchasing software a plus.
- Experience with Agiloft or other contract lifecycle management tools a plus.