Our team is growing. You will, too.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Job Title
- Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Job ID
- Kansas City, MO 64105
- Other Location
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: On-Site (Kansas City, MO)
Travel Required: No
Physical Requirements: Normal Office Environment
At this time, Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
AutoAlert is the automotive industry’s leading data mining and lead generation platform helping dealerships identify high-quality leads, increase volume of retail trade-ins, and improve customer retention. Founded in 2002, AutoAlert has provided the automotive industry with innovative software, direct marketing and training solutions currently implemented in over 2800 dealerships.
As a Software Quality Assurance Analyst / Tester, you will be an integral part of our software development team. You will OWN system quality and testing. Working together with our Product Manager and Development team you will create and execute Manual and Automated tests to ensure system quality and performance.
- Perform manual and automated testing, which may include exploratory, system, regression, smoke, performance, compatibility, and integration testing.
- Design/Execute test plans, test scenarios, test cases/scripts
- Plan, create, execute and maintain Manual/Automated scripts
- Document test procedures, analysis and results
- Document software defects using a defect tracking system and report those defects to project team
- Monitor defect resolution, include in test planning, and track outcomes of defect remediation
- Build tiered regression and smoke test suites
- Participate in Daily standup, Iteration Planning and Release planning sessions
- Working directly with development and product to ensure all work is thoroughly tested.
- Plan, organize, and direct Quality Assurance activities to achieve maximum operational efficiency in meeting department and company goals and objectives.
- Work in a Continuous Integration /Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment where releases are done multiple times per month.
- Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Performs a variety of other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to communicate technical details at a high level
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- 3 years Minimum related work experience in the role of Quality Assurance and/or Test Engineering
- Experience testing web, desktop, client/server, database, and mobile applications
- Experience with a project defect reporting and tracking tool; such as JIRA, TFS, Bugzilla
- Experience with a test case management tool; such as qTest, ALM, TestRail
- Experience testing RESTful APIs and SOAP based Webservices using testing tools
- SQL skills with the ability to query, data mine and validate
- Experience in Automated testing and scripting in automation testing tools a plus
- Understanding of Software QA methodologies, Automation framework, tools, and approaches (functional and/or automated testing) in a software company with short release cycle
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interact daily with cross-discipline team members and stakeholders at a variety of organizational levels
- Ability to prioritize tasks with the project and work with minimal supervision
- Passionate about quality and takes pride in their work
- Must have the technical abilities to thoroughly document defects
- Self-starter able to work independently
- Must have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies
- Mobile testing experience a plus
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan
At this time, Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Eligibility requirements apply to all plans. AutoAlert, LLC reserves the right to alter all benefit offerings at will. To protect our Dealer-Client relationships, we will require a written consent from a GM or higher to move to the interview process if coming from a dealership.
AutoAlert, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.