COVID-19 impact on Pathways LA hours, events and trainings. LEARN MORE
Payment Services Manager
- Job Title
- Payment Services Manager
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA 90010
- Other Location
Pathways LA gives back to the community. We pride themselves in strengthening low-income and vulnerable working families, promoting high quality early care and education services for children of all abilities, developing knowledgeable early care child care providers, and promoting economically resilient communities. For more information on please visit: www.pathwaysla.org
If you are a talented professional with a passion for children and families, please consider applying for the following position currently open:
MANAGER, PAYMENT SERVICES
Work Schedule: Mon. - Fri., Full-time, 37.5 hours/week.
FSLA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Manage and implement all operations of the payments department, which provide childcare reimbursements for low-income children so that their parent(s)/caregiver(s) can go to school or work. Responsible for ensuring that the payment processes are completed timely. Assist with tracking childcare provider payments to ensure compliance with contract amounts. Maintain working knowledge of software, reporting requirements and deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement processes and departmental procedures.
- Oversee the collection and processing of the family fees as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of software, reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Maintain working knowledge of LRS and CC3.
- Respond to Customer Care needs.
- Maintain knowledge of funding source regulations, RMR, payment rules and timelines.
- Participate responsibly in agency and staff meetings.
- Responsible for ongoing staff development and training.
- Assist with program budget development and tracking.
- Coordinate trainings for parents and providers regarding program procedures.
- Assist ith the MSign and electronic attendance efforts as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that the payment process is completed.
- Responsible for reviewing and auditing a percentage of payments and reports as directed by the supervisor.
- Assist with tracking provider payments to ensure compliance with contract amounts.
- Participate in audits as needed.
- Assist the Director of Child Care Subsidy Program with hiring as needed.
- Assist direct supervisor & directors with projects as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting, or related field preferred.
Minimum of two years of administration and supervisory experience preferred.
Must have strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
Minimum of two years of non-profit experience preferred.
Experience with CA Department of Education and/or other governmental funding sources and experience with subsidized childcare programs preferred.
Strong organizational skills, self-starter, positive attitude, and approach.
Flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and meet set deadlines.
Ability to work effectively with people from diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds, with a sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
Proficiency in Word Processing and Spreadsheet software. Experience with Windows platform and MSOffice. Database applications experience preferred.
Knowledge of the Strengthening Families Framework preferred.
Must be Bi-lingual English/Spanish.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorships are available for these positions.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Vacation & Sick Time
· 10 days of Vacation per year for the first 2 years of service. Accrual at start.
· 10 Sick Days per year. Accrual at start.
· 10 Holidays – no waiting period.
· 20 Paid Hours early release – no waiting period.
Medical, Dental & Vision
· Kaiser HMO Medical Plan (Pathways will pay 90% of employee)
· Non-Kaiser Options – you can also choose a Blue Shield HMO or UnitedHealthCare HMO or PPO
· PPO Dental Plan – (Pathways will pay 90% of employee)
· Vision Plan – (Pathways will pay 90% of employee)
· 403b Retirement Contributions:
- 3% of salary contribution by Pathways for all employees (whether you contribute or not)
- 50% match by Pathways on employee contributions up to 3% of salary
· Life Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees.
· Accident Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees
· Long Term Disability Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees
· Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-tax accounts) available to all employees
- Medical Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Commuter Expenses
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - paid by Pathways
- Counseling Services
- Child and Elder Care Referrals
- Financial and Legal Advice
- Balancing Work and Life Issues
- ...and more
· Adoption Assistance Program
· Voluntary Options
- Additional life insurance
- Additional accident insurance
We are an EEO and Fair Chance Process Employer