3rd Class Line Worker
- Job Title
- 3rd Class Line Worker
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
To apply, simply TEXT ONTARGET to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
3rd Class Line Worker
Is it time to elevate your career with a company dedicated to being the best in the industry; who values integrity, dedication, and hard work? If so, On Target wants you to join their ranks! We offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as power line, telecommunications, metering and smart grid services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% Paid Training - We're invested in you, starting on your first day
- Advancement opportunities – We promote from within the company
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- A 401(k) with company match
Your Responsibilities as a 3rd Class Line Worker:
• Under supervision, climbs poles and assists in the installation and maintenance of poles, cross-arms, pins, insulators, wire and cable, transformers, cutouts, lighting arrestors, and other line related equipment.
• Assists in installation/removal of fiber optic cable.
• Safely works on and around energized lines and equipment in accordance with the company and customers’ construction, maintenance and safety standards.
• Gains a working knowledge of and properly makes use of the tools, equipment and instruments of the trade and becomes proficient in line work methods.
• Develops familiarity with the distribution and/or transmission plant.
• Works with the public, customers and fellow employees in a courteous, professional and helpful manner.
• Required to work overtime when requested.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Performs other duties as assigned by line supervisor.
What We Need From You (Our Requirements):
• Must be able to use all types of common hand tools, line worker tools of the trade and line, vehicles and equipment.
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
• Technical education highly preferred
• Must have at least 15 months or its equivalent in a journeyman line worker progression.
• Must be able to perform all requirements of Line Worker Apprentice.
• Must have a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License.
• Must have ability to obtain various state hoisting licenses.
• Must have ability to obtain a passport and to travel to projects in Canada
• Becomes knowledgeable of the company’s operation standards, policies, directives and safety instructions pertaining to the work assignments.
• Must be able to climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift devise.
• Must be able to lift 100 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
• Must be able to stand, walk and work on uneven ground for the full workday.
• Must be able to drive a line truck and/or equipment several hours everyday.
• Must have good eyesight and hearing capabilities.
• Must work outside in all types of weather conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Range
- $25.28 None to $0.00 None