BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Cyber Security Engineer Jr.
- Job Title
- Cyber Security Engineer Jr.
- Requirement ID
- Ashburn, VA 20147
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: The Cyber Security Engineer Jr will assist to support the full system engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of SOC infrastructure and SOC tool suite.
The Cyber Security Engineer Jr will be installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Full packet capture, DLP, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection & Response), and infrastructure supporting SEIM (Splunk).
- Responsible for supporting LAN/WAN security solutions including creating and maintaining LAN/WAN security standards and design documentation
- Develop and assist with new LAN/WAN security applications and hardware as assigned.
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
- Strong written and oral communication with the ability to communicate with team members, management, and customer.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- All personnel supporting CBP must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
- BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 1+ years of prior relevant engineering experience supporting SOC or NOC environments.
- Knowledge and experience engineering the following technologies Firewalls, VPN Solutions, Web Application Firewalls, and Content Filtering.
- Advanced working knowledge of the following:
- encryption algorithms, secure communications, SIEM technologies, and embedded systems security.
- network and data communication protocols. familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
- network based IDS/IPS and full packet capture technologies along with affiliated modes of operation.
- Network Security Architecture Development.
- Experience performing gap analysis, identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI.
- Certifications: CISSP or one of GCWN, GISF, GSSP, GICSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCSNP, CCIE-Security, ECSP, MCSE-Security Expert.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Redhat, Cisco or Microsoft, Security+, or Network+ certifications
- Cisco Hardware and Storage
- Expertise in Networking, Linux and Windows
- Sourcefire (snort) or RSA Security Analytics (network) experience a plus
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills