BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Data Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: Leverage expertise by working on cutting edge topics involving large datasets. Perform activities, including data architecture, building data and analytic platforms, building out ETL pipelines and data access services, and ensuring data discoverability and quality. Support the assessing, designing, building, and maintaining of scalable data platforms that use the latest and best in Big Data tools. Transforms data into a useful format for data scientists. Work with a multidisciplinary team of analysts, data engineers, data scientists, developers, and data consumers in an agile fast-paced environment that is pushing the envelope of cutting-edge Big Data implementations.
- TS/SCI security clearance with poly
- 9 years of experience and a MA/MS degree. In place of the degree, may substitute 19 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with coding using Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience with developing and deploying ETL pipelines
- Experience in interfacing with modern databases
- Experience in working with Big Data platforms, including Hadoop, AWS, Azure, or DataBricks
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and communicate with multiple functional groups
- Experience with NoSQL data stores, including HBase, MongoDB, JanusGraph or Neo4J, and Cassandra
- Experience with ETL tools, including StreamSets, NiFi, and Taland
- Experience in working with enterprise production systems
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- AWS or related certifications
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills