- Job Title
- Security Greeter
- Job ID
- Westfield, IN 46074
- Other Location
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
This position will be responsible for enhancing and supporting the safety and security of customers and team members through friendly engagement while providing a positive and professional presence.
Join a community. Build a career.
We are opening a new store in your area and are searching for new members of the Meijer family in all departments! We are looking for friendly team members to work in a clean and safe environment, focusing on efficiency, productivity and growth.
What You'll be Doing:
- Maintain a continual presence at the assigned entry/exit within the store, providing friendly and efficient service to customers and team members as well as deterring inappropriate behavior.
- Respond, resolve and document EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) alarms.
- Alert Store Detectives to suspicious persons and/or situations and may act as a witness during apprehension situations.
- Direct emergency response personnel to area of incident.
- Ensure physical security of customer entry and exit access points.
- Resolve safety concerns and escalates to appropriate leadership personnel for resolution.
- Assist in mitigating customer complaints/concerns and engaging appropriate leadership personnel as necessary.
- Prevent/deter theft and fraud through physical presence and customer engagement.
- May be required to testify in court if necessary.
- Accurately document merchandise recoveries.
- Practice 200% safety for self and other.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior asset protection experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of behavioral safety strategies.
- Ability to learn and understand fire and security systems, including EAS Systems.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word and report writing.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Commitment to reliable and consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of product locations and possess the ability to precisely direct customers based upon that knowledge.
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Plan Coverage
- Meijer 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Days Off & Holiday Pay
- Team Member Discount
- Meijer Scholarship Opportunities for Team Members and their immediate families
- Leadership Development Training Opportunities
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it's a family name. Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our Team Members like they're a part of our family. We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That's why our Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job that's more than a paycheck, but a career that plays an important role in your community.
.Why Work for Meijer
Meijer is a large Midwest-based grocery and retail chain founded in 1934. With a proven history of growth and employee care, we’ve been certified as a “Great Place to Work” and certified “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ equality.”
When you join the Meijer team, you will have opportunities to positively impact business results, customers, and your co-workers. Every individual on our team has a vital role in providing quality customer service. Start your career with Meijer, and there’s no limit to how far you can grow!
- Required Skills