- Job Title
- Technical Writer
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC 29150
- Other Location
The Training Instructor is responsible for activities related to training of production and other staff on a variety of topics. In collaboration with management, the Training Instructor determines training needs, identifies, and develops training materials and resources, and ensures training is conducted completely and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and conduct training programs for employees.
- Consult with managers, HR, Safety, Quality and Training staff to determine training needs.
- Develop training packages including outline, text, and handouts.
- Conduct training or designate alternate instructors to conduct training.
- Assist Training Manager with the coordination of train-the-trainer activities, as needed.
- Schedule classes based on availability of resources and students.
- Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information useful to training staff and to inform management of training programs and goals.
- Monitor trainees during lectures and demonstrations to evaluate performance.
- Issue purchase requisitions for materials and parts necessary to perform work.
- Interpret company policy to employees and enforce company policy and practices.
- Analyze and resolve training related work problems or assists employees in solving training related work problems.
- Associates degree in a related field.
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- 2 years’ experience coordinating and conducting employee training.
- Strong presentation, organization, project management, teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, or communications.
- Professional training certification (CPLP, CPTM, etc.).
- GMP experience.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.