BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Cyber Forensic Analyst I (Network Based)
- Job Title
- Cyber Forensic Analyst I (Network Based)
- Requirement ID
- Arlington, VA 22201
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: The DHS’s Hunt and Incident Response Team (HIRT) secures the Nation’s cyber and communications infrastructure. HIRT provides DHS’s front line response for cyber incidents and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity. This team performs HIRT investigations to develop a preliminary diagnosis of the severity of breaches. We provide HIRT remote and onsite advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, rapid onsite incident response, and immediate investigation and resolution using host-based and network-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities
Metronome, LLC is seeking a Network Based Cybersecurity Systems Analyst to support this critical customer mission.
- Monitor external data sources to maintain currency of Computer Network Defense threat conditions
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g., network traffic logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection system logs, DNS logs) to identify possible threats to network security
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts
- Track and document Computer Network Defense incidents from initial detection through final resolution
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- One of the following combinations of Education and Experience
- 3 years of network investigations experience with a High school diploma; OR
- 1 years of network investigations experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Knowledge of Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and general attack stages with respect to network security architecture
- Ability to characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources
- Ability to identify and analyze anomalies in network traffic using metadata
- Experience with reconstructing a malicious attack or activity based on network traffic
- Experience examining network topologies to understand data flows through the network
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Knowledge of network device integrity concepts and methodologies
- Understanding of how to preserve evidence integrity according to standard operating procedures or national standards
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills