VP of Engineering
- Job Title
- VP of Engineering
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Other Location
We are looking for talented, proactive people who are driven to help others, fulfill the promise of precision medicine for cancer patients, and cultivate their career path along the way. If you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary environment, collaborating with inspiring teammates, creating and supporting products that really make a difference, we want you.
Who You Are
- A technical leader and people manager with experience leading and growing high-performing teams.
- Your leadership style is based on building trust with your team, your peers, and your management.
- You can communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You take pride in the work and have a high bar. Your teams improve every system they touch.
- You’re comfortable with python+react and modern CI/CD, and are eager to facilitate team growth in software development practices
What It’s Like To Work Here
We strive for a calm environment where people can focus on the work we need to do to support our mission. We believe in giving people the trust and autonomy necessary to do their best work. Whenever reasonable, we prefer email to meetings so that people can organize their time in the way that works best for them. When meetings are needed, we expect an agenda, not a free-for-all.
We expect our teammates to bring energy, passion, and commitment to work; we also know that to do so sustainably, people need to unplug and tend to their lives at home at the end of the day.
What You’ll Do
Recruit, develop and sustain software engineering team
- Drive for clarity and focus on the most important work
- Create and implement the technology vision, strategy, and roadmap to achieve department and company goals
- Negotiate department goals and ensure alignment with scheduled work
- Coach team members and provide the framework and feedback for professional growth
- Manage team growth by recruiting to balance existing strengths and experience
- Promote an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity, enabling quality and craftsmanship
Help bootstrap our software product development organization
- Work with internal stakeholders to define and recruit roles necessary to support engineering staff, including technical product management, software QA, and end-user support
- Coordinate and execute projects with the product manager, engineers, and stakeholders