Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Operations Engineer - Shift Work
- Job Title
- Operations Engineer - Shift Work
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32935
- Other Location
Summary: The Overnight Systems Administrator will primarily be responsible for monitoring the first level triage of production systems and be able to escalate and follow instructions relative to the technology in question. The objective is to keep all services up and running at 100% availability for servers ranging from Microsoft to Linux. Must be able to work evening or night shift (6pm to 2am or 12am to 8am EST). Responsible for troubleshooting issues and down servers/applications. Must have knowledge on several debugging protocols and processes.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: BS degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security or System or Network Administration
Required Years of Experience: 2+ years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Responsible for monitoring IT systems with industry standard tools provided specific to IT functions.
- Follow pre-determined overnight operations job scheduling and identify discrepancies. Follow support guidelines to resolve or escalate
- Eyes on glass monitoring, initial troubleshooting, and escalation management
- Document site issues via issue tracking program
- Creative thinking to implement and expand upon site features and functionality
- Overall Linux and Windows entry level command understanding
- Functional understanding of systems related to how they affect the business
- Drive to learn systems support in a Linux and Windows environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting mentality
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively, independently and within a group setting
- Ability to understand urgency and follow escalation procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- VA or other Federal Government experience