Medical Assistant (Conroe)
- Job Title
- Medical Assistant (Conroe)
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Medical Assistant provides direct patient care to patients of Lone Star Family Health Center.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Ensures safety and cleanliness of the environment. Ensures supplies are adequate.
- Performs pre-visit planning, initiates screening protocols, identifies tests and vaccines that are due per UDS measures and CDC immunization guidelines
- Prepares patients for examination; obtains vital signs, records reason for visit and history, performs medication reconciliation, verifies allergies, pharmacy and recent ER visits or hospital stays.
- Performs blood draws, heed sticks, waived tests and quality testing for waived tests after verifying accuracy of order and patient identification.
- Prepares and labels laboratory specimens completely per policy guidelines.
- Monitors patient flow in and out of clinic and communicates delays and expectations to medical providers and patients.
- Facilitates continuity of care for patients and/or family with members of the health care team through scheduling appointments, phone contact, verbal interaction, written reports and/or electronic messaging.
- Assists with medication fills, obtaining DME, and referrals.
- Chaperones for procedures such as breast or pelvic exams, and testicle checks for well child visits and sports physicals.
- Gathers instruments and materials as appropriate for procedures needed at the visit, assists the medical provider as requested.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for sterilization using standard precautions. Follows policy for autoclave.
- Adheres to infection control practices; hand hygiene, use of PPE, instrument and environment cleaning, biohazard waste disposal and safe injection techniques. Maintains accurate patient medical records.
- Assists the medical provider with translation and sending out patient communications.
Bilingual – English and Spanish.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Graduate of a Medical Assistant program.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lone Star Family Health Center (LSFHC) is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy of LSFHC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. LSFHC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. LSFHC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants. LSFHC provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.