Construction Materials Testing Technician- Salt Lake City
- Job Title
- Construction Materials Testing Technician- Salt Lake City
- Job ID
- Salt Lake City, UT 84115
- Other Location
Western Technologies Inc. (WT) offers excellent career opportunities that begin with a stable, challenging workplace within a culture of safety and quality. We pride ourselves on our ethics, the excellence of our employees, responsiveness, and quality of our work. WT has excellent opportunities for talented professionals to help lead the Company to the next level.
Western Technologies is a consulting firm with over 60 years of quality service that offers professional services in the southwestern United States in the fields of geotechnical engineering, environmental engineering, construction materials engineering and testing, nondestructive testing, and welding inspection. We have a full-time opportunity for an experienced Construction Materials Testing Technician in Salt Lake City, Utah. WT has been offering services in the Salt Lake City area for over 19 years.
• Test and inspect construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, and hot mix asphalt, for quality control / quality assurance in the laboratory, and on construction job sites.
• Discuss the test results with our client's on-site representatives
• Prepare daily reports on observation activities
• Review observation and test data for accuracy and completeness
• Previous construction materials testing experience required
• Strong work ethic and ability to work as a team player
• Capable of working independently
• Strong communication and detailed writing skills
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Ability to lift and carry 30 to 50 lbs. and 80 lbs. periodically
• Basic math and writing skills
• Involves outside work in various weather conditions, available to work irregular and weekend hours
• Ability to pass a drug screen
Required and Preferred Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience performing construction materials testing, and current NAQTC certification or equivalent
• Communicating directly with customers or clients
• Experience working independently and with groups
Excellent opportunities to advance with training.
Certifications that could be applicable for this position:
• ACI - American Concrete Institute
• ICC - International Code Council
• NICET - National Institution for Certification in Engineering Technologies
• WAQTC or the ability to acquire this certification within 6 months
Full-time employees are offered a comprehensive insurance and benefits package.
To learn more about us, visit our web-site at wt-us.com.
Western Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer