Enjoy a rewarding career and relaxing quality of life in beautiful Southern Vermont.
Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont and recipient of the Governor's Worksite Wellness Award, Sonnax Transmission Company is a leading supplier to the automotive aftermarket.
CNC Setup Operator (First Shift + Full Benefits Upon Hire!)
- Job Title
- CNC Setup Operator (First Shift + Full Benefits Upon Hire!)
- Job ID
- Bellows Falls, VT 05101
- Other Location
- 2 Imtec Ln
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
CNC Setup Operator
Are you hard-working and responsible? Do you want to join an honest and reputable company that is renowned for treating employees with respect and fairness? We want to offer you competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
We are looking for an individual who will be reliable and is willing to take initiative. Does this sound like something you would be passionate about? If so, join our team and learn how fulfilling it is to be rewarded appropriately for your efforts while you develop your skills and learn the newest techniques in a dynamic environment.
Our CNC Setup Operator will work with an expert team in a dynamic and action-oriented continuous improvement environment. You will be responsible for the setting up and operation of CNC mills and lathes to produce parts to print specifications. Machine types include Haas, Hardinge and Mitsubishi lathes and mills. An ideal candidate for this role should pay strong attention to detail, is committed to workplace safety, and maintains a constant quality mindset in all work.
Why You'll Love Working For Us (Our Benefits Upon Hire):
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Long & Short-term disability
- Flex spending accounts
- Onsite fitness center
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation and paid sick days
Your Responsibilities as a CNC Setup Operator:
- Interpret engineering drawings to understand tolerances of the parts to be machined.
- Interpret setup documentation and tooling sheets to setup a variety of jobs.
- Setup and operate CNC machines to meet parts per hour requirements.
- Perform quality checks and make necessary adjustments to hold dimensions and tolerances.
- Makes necessary offset and program adjustments or requests program updates from programmer in order to hold dimensions and tolerances to print specifications.
- Takes proper care of all Sonnax tools and equipment.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
What We Need From You (Our Requirements):
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years prior machining experience.
- Ability to read blueprints and to use and read precision measuring tools.
- Understanding of basic shop math including decimal/fraction conversion.
- No restrictions on wearing required PPE for area, including safety eyewear and steel toed shoes and lifting up to 40 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.