BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Senior Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Security Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: Minimum Secret Clearance. Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are also required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
A minimum of 12 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity.
Metronome is seeking a talented Senior Security Engineer to join our team to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC). The Senior Security Engineer provides support across a progressing agile team environment focused on supporting the ESOC Operations mission. The Senior engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, scripting, programming, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. This role will engage in infrastructure solution design and architecture, information assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management support
- Conceptualize, Design, Build, and Maintain current and future ESOC supported tools and platforms.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- Provide direct support for onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP and modular inputs from sources such as FireEye, BlueCoat proxies, Big IP, Cisco, Palo Alto, host syslogs, etc.
- Support all support, guidance and develop processes to evaluate and improve all operating systems, hardware support, software, firmware solutions and provide advisement concerning future purchase of the same.
- Create, manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration within a Cloud environment.
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required.
- Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process.
- Conduct periodic reviews of sensor metric reports to evaluate and prioritize sensors for review and assessment.
- Assists in interviews to identify and make recommendations for security tools, systems and capabilities to meet customer security requirements.
- Documentation and Reporting along with presentation, teamwork and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order.
- Experience administering Linux OS, particularly RedHat Enterprise
- Strong Deep packet analysis skills using such tools like; Wireshark, Bro, etc. for layer 7 intelligence.
- Cloud and VMWare skills – Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools to include: installing, provisioning and monitoring
- Strong capabilities to assist with automating manual installation and maintenance/patching tasks and utilization of such tools as provisioning environments with Ansible, Docker, etc.
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Experience with PXE-less discovery provisioning to automate hardware / undercloud scalability
- Experience with VMware & Ansible/Ansible Tower and/or Terraform
- Experience with data administration automating management of large (multi PB) S3 storage pools
- Experience working in AWS and Azure
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Extensive database experience with two of SQL Server, MySQL, or Oracle
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills