Medical Records Coordinator
- Job Title
- Medical Records Coordinator
- Job ID
- Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Other Location
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for maintaining all patient charts, ensuring accurate filing of patient information, referral letters, etc., as well as pulling and preparing charts for the following day to maintain smooth and efficient patient flow.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
1. Primary Duties
- Files all patient charts, patient information, referral letters, and any other patient-related material.
- Pulls charts for following day; review charts for accuracy and order.
- Pulls charts for insurance review by request.
- Prepares new patient charts and types patient chart labels.
- Copies forms, articles, etc.
- Insurance verifications for preauthorization’s and approvals
2. Secondary Duties
- Assists in contacting patients for any demographic or medical information needed.
- Assists with the other general office duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.