Work with us in one of the most fun, thrilling industries — travel! Explore our latest exciting travel industry career openings.
- Job Title
- Sales Director
- Job ID
- Morristown, NJ 07960
- Other Location
For over 15 years, more than 33 million visitors and over 500,000 clients have enjoyed our award-winning service here at International Voyager. We’re proud to say that we offer responsive, hassle-free vacation planning for global travelers. We’re thrilled to inspire bucket lists, family reunions, honeymoons, dream vacations and more! Join our growing Inc. 5000 award-winning team, revolutionizing travel planning and online booking, and begin helping our guests build memories for a lifetime. Your dream job starts here.
We offer health & wellness benefits, retirement plans, casual environment, free or discounted travel, Monday meetings with a fun flare, Friday afternoon club and paid time off.
International Voyager’s new headquarters are in the heart of Morristown, New Jersey - an area full of hip restaurants, rich culture and history. Less than an hour train ride from New York City, Morristown offers all the perks of living in the suburbs while still being a short distance from the city.
We’re currently looking for a Sales Director that is people-minded and solutions focused.
As a high-performing Sales Director, you will help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential, crafting sales plans and justifying those to plans to the CEO.
Here are some of the important responsibilities that are vital to our service standards:
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully leading a sales team located around the world selling cruises, insurance, excursions, pre/post packages, air, ground transportation to new and existing customers using inbound calls, chats and emails, and outbound calls, texts and emails
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Identify and implement new CRM, communications and reporting systems. Experience with CRM systems like Salesforce, and Communications systems like Zendesk is preferred
- Direct team to provide unsurpassed service by understanding, anticipating and exceeding customers’ expectations
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers
- Negotiate annual agreements with Suppliers
- Create and expand a Business Development team to grow our private labels and white label business
Here’s what we need from you:
- BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Certified Call Center Manager (e.g. CCCM) or equivalent qualification is a plus
Option 1: Create a New Profile
International Voyager is an incredible partner to Royal Caribbean. They know the importance of having a human touch in this industry, even when operating as an online travel agency. Customer service comes first for them and it’s clearly taken them far. Simply by ensuring that each and every customer is satisfied, they’ve built a following of loyal repeat clients. Royal Caribbean couldn’t ask for a more trusted partner to plan our guests’ crusie vacations.Vicki Freed
Senior Vice President
Royal Caribbean International
International Voyager and Celebrity Cruises have been working together for the last 10 years, and we have been able to forge a successful partnership, mainly due to them having an elite executive team, cutting edge technology and dynamic booking engine. I am confident that this partnership will continue to thrive and evolve for ten more years and beyond.Dondra Ritzenthaler
Senior Vice President, Sales
Cruise Direct and Costa Cruises have enjoyed a longstanding business relationship driven by their team's passion for the industry, their clients and our guests. They are experts at matching their cruise clients to the appropriate product thus insuring an enjoyable and memorable vacation experience. We appreciate their knowledge and enthusiasm for Cruising Italian Style on Costa which has resulted in outstanding customer satisfaction.Scott Knutson
VP Sales & Marketing
International Voyager continues to evolve and excel in a very fast paced and ever changing industry. John Maguire and his team deliver our brand as well as their customers with cutting edge technology and personal touch service. International Voyager’s team is creative, goal driven and will buck the status quo. It is these attributes that distinguish International Voyager from other travel companies and why we hold them in high regard.Adolfo Perez
Senior Vice President
Carnival Cruise Line
International Voyager has been a valuable member of Vacation.com and we are very proud of the relationship we share with them. They are very passionate about selling travel and are focused on selling Vacation.com preferred suppliers. They also recognize the value of their Vacation.com membership by taking full advantage of programs we offer. We enjoy working with International Voyager and look forward to continued success.John Lovell
Travel Leaders Network and Leisure Group
Norwegian Cruise Line has enjoyed a great decade long relationship with International Voyager. They have the unique quality of being able to handle large volume with personal, intimate service because of their flexible technology that matches marketing to customers based on their personal behavior. The International Voyager team is also one of the most nimble teams in the industry, allowing them to take advantage of our ever-changing environment.Andy Stuart
President & CEO
Norwegian Cruise Line