BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Human Resources Generalist
- Job Title
- Human Resources Generalist
- Requirement ID
- Fairfax, VA 22030
- Other Location
The human resources generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all the following functional areas: onboarding, orientations, employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance, training, benefits management, and payroll functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in any field of study or equivalent experience
Required Experience: 1 year of Human Resources experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Facilitates or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Manage benefit deductions process payroll
- Fielding employee inquiries and managing employee relations
- Work with others to draft workforce communique
- Manage employee lie cycle including onboarding and terminations
- Manage Employment Verifications.
- Management of FMLA, bereavement, jury duty, extended leave of absence
- Manages and updates brochure contract slicks
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Demonstrated business acumen in workplace environment.
- Demonstrated critical evaluation.
- Demonstrated ethical practice.
- HR Expertise – 1 year minimum
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, quick learner, creative, and strategic thinker
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills (preferred)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure (preferred)
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a team oriented, fast-paced, ever changing environment
- aPHR Certification is preferred
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills