Director of Human Resources
- Job Title
- Director of Human Resources
- Job ID
- LOS ANGELES, CA 90015
- Other Location
As the HR Director you will partner with business leaders and associates to deliver HR services in a proactive and solution oriented manner. You will be responsible for the delivery of Human Resource services, policies, and programs to the entire company all the while leading and managing the Human Resources, Employee Relations, and General Administration teams.
- Manage employee relations, benefits and compensation administration, performance management, and recruiting.
- Provide HR leadership and support to Business Partners and Stakeholders ensuring our HR strategy is aligned to the needs of the business.
- Enable business results thru effective use of HR dashboards and metrics, while tracking HR investments and budget.
- Create cultural discipline to ensure successful deployment of core processes and programs across all regions.
- Ensure all Policies and Procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay raises in consultation with department heads ensuring timely implementation of salary increases and promotions.
- Define organizational principles that enable delivery of individual and organizational performance goals and outcomes.
- Develop talent strategy in partnership with stakeholders to grow diverse leadership talent.
Background, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in HR, OD, Org, Psych, or related discipline.
- 10 or more years of progressive HR experience.
- Experience managing the HR function within a Manufacturing Plant.
- Strong influencing and strategic skills along with an executive presence.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with an ability to create integrated HR solutions to support enterprise goals in alignment with global HR strategies.
- Strong capabilities in assessing, hiring, developing and coaching talent.
- Collaborative partner and team leader with a strong drive to create a positive and inspiring work environment especially during times of rapid growth.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions generating effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and challenges as they are presented.
- Embodies strong interpersonal, consultative and facilitation skills.
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to speak across various forums and communicate to a broad, diverse audience effectively.
BYD Motors (“BYD”) is a California-based electric vehicle manufacturing company and a wholly owned subsidiary of BYD Company Ltd., the largest electric vehicle manufacturer in China and largest electric bus manufacturer in the world. BYD Company Ltd. is publicly traded on the Hong Kong stock exchange (1211.HKE), with approximately 60% of its stock owned by North American investors. Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is the single largest investor in BYD Company Ltd.
BYD is deeply passionate about helping transportation and energy grids around the world become greener and more sustainable through the use of cutting edge battery-electric technology. BYD invented an industry-leading rechargeable battery that is safe, stable, environmentally friendly, and longer lasting than any other competing product on the market today. BYD is developing and marketing around the world a family of zero-emission battery-electric cars, trucks, buses, forklifts, and energy storage systems all built around this revolutionary, environmentally-sound battery technology.
Today, BYD has over 800 employees spread out across it's headquarters in Downtown Los Angeles, our manufacturing plant in Lancaster, CA, and offices throughout California and the United States.