COVID-19 impact on Pathways LA hours, events and trainings. LEARN MORE
Child Care Provider Professional Development Coach
- Job Title
- Child Care Provider Professional Development Coach
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA
- Other Location
Pathways LA is the single largest child care and early education resource for low income and vulnerable working families in metropolitan Los Angeles. Pathways mission is to strengthen families and promote children's well-being through high quality early care and education services and parent supports so that families can be economically self-sufficient and children can be healthy, safe and ready to learn.
If you are a talented professional with a passion for children and families, please consider applying for the following positions currently open:
Official Title: Professional Development Coach
Job Type: Full-time, 37.5 hours/week
Salary: $21.00 to $25.00/hour DOE + Full Benefits (please see below for full details)
Support Child Care Providers’ professional development by conducting on-site, in-person coaching sessions in their center-based and home-based sites. Implement quality rating improvements utilizing the following tools; CLASS Environmental Rating Scales, Desired Results Developmental Profile and Ages & Stages questionnaire.
Other Duties include but are not limited to:
- Travel across LA County for 80-90% of the time for on-site coaching visits and meetings/trainings.
- Maintain records of work activities and track/monitor progress of child care providers, participating in specific projects. Meet data entry requirements and deadlines.
- Act as a resource for child care providers on child development, quality childcare, and professional development, as well as other related areas of need.
- Model developmentally appropriate curriculum and practice during site visits.
- Coordinate and deliver trainings for child care providers and parents.
- Manage multiple tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Be flexible and innovative while adapting to the changing needs to the program.
- Recruits and screens new child care providers to participate in the program.
Assist with the implementation and monitoring of program rules, regulations, and procedures to ensure compliance with assigned contracts and projects within the Child Care Resource and Referral department.
Participate in community and outreach events as needed to help maintain R&R visibility, as well as attend designated project and community meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in early childhood education/child development programs.
- Experience with the following quality rating approaches and tools highly desired; CLASS, Environmental Rating Scales, Desired Results Developmental Profile and Ages & Stages Questionnaire.
- Experience and ability to work with adult learners and diverse client populations.
- Familiarity with center-based and home-based child care provider population. Experience with strength-based and reflective coaching methods and strategies preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to honor confidentiality and work sensitively and supportive with clients.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills, experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, client database software, Internet search engines.
- Must have an automobile with adequate insurance coverage and a valid California Driver’s License and with an acceptable driving record substantiated by a copy of DMV records. Must have ability to meet frequent data-entry requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to travel across LA County for site visits for 80-90% of the time for on-site coaching visits and meetings/training.
- Live Scan Finger Print Clearance with DOJ & FBI
- Proof of vaccinations for Measles (MMR), Pertussis (DTAP), TB test, and Annual Flu shot (or provide flu shot waive, required.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsor-ships are available for these positions.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish Preferred.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 403b Retirement Contributions:
- 3% of salary contribution by Pathways for all employees (whether you contribute or not)
- 50% match by Pathways on employee contributions up to 3% of salary
- Life Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees
- Accident Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees
- Long Term Disability Insurance - paid by Pathways for all employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-tax accounts) available to all employees
- Medical Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Commuter Expenses
- PAID TIME OFF
- 10 days of vacation per year for the first 2 years of employment (increases)
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays per year
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Counseling Services
- Child and Elder Care Referrals
- Financial and Legal Advice
- Balancing Work and Life Issues
- Adoption Assistance Program
- ...and more
We are an EEO and Fair Chance Process Employer