Please select the position below that you want to apply for or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.
Senior Survey Draftperson
- Job Title
- Senior Survey Draftperson
- Job ID
- Denton, TX
- Other Location
eeking a full-time qualified draftsperson to work in our Denton, TX office. Our primary focus in our Denton office is civil and commercial construction. We also survey for state-wide natural gas providers. Overtime is required. If you are interested in working with cutting edge technology like drone, orthophotos and lidar, then come to work for us!
- Manage survey projects and communicate with clients.
- Draft linework from field notes or from field-to-finish.
- Draft plan and profile alignment sheets for pipelines.
- Draft plats and writes descriptions for all phases of a pipeline project.
- Draft plats for oil and gas wells.
- Plot descriptions from deeds and easements.
- Coordinate with survey coordinator on project schedules and deadlines.
- Coordinate and communicate with field crews.
- Manage data associated with each project.
Calculate stakeouts for construction projects
Draft title surveys.
Draft topo surveys.
Draft subdivision plats.
- 2 years minimum experience drafting.
- 1 year Pipeline Drafting experience.
- 1 year Civil drafting experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD with Carlson Civil Suite or Civilp3D.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a solid work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects and correspondence.
- Carlson Civil Suite software.
- Process static points using OPUS.
- Can use Trimble Business Center.
- Any additional certifications.
- Knowledge of GIS.
Drone Photogrammetry processing.
Lidar data extraction.
Benefits (full time employees only):
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 9 standard Holidays
- 401k matching up to 4%