Paramedic Technican PRN Midshift
- Job Title
- Paramedic Technican PRN Midshift
- Job ID
- Magnolia, TX 77354
- Other Location
The Paramedic Technician works closely with the Registered Nurse to ensure optimal patient care. The RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for America’s ER patients. The Paramedic is responsible for carrying out delegated tasks within their scope of practice and company policy. It will include individualized, family centered, holistic, supportive, and safe care. The Paramedic Technician is integral in ensuring that America’s ER reaches and maintains state and accrediting agency standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for care of patients within the facility as delegated by the RN or the physician in order to provide high quality care consistent with established facility standards.
- Responsible for knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the appropriate age ranges.
- Provide leadership by working cooperatively with professional, ancillary staff and other members of the healthcare team while maintaining standards for professional practice in the healthcare setting.
- Employees of America’s ER are expected to check their company email often. Email is the primary means of communication within the facility and administration.
- The Paramedic is expected to greet patients and their family members when meeting them in a courteous and respectful manner. Maintaining eye contact, smiling, and speaking in a clear and respectful voice elicits a sense of professionalism and sets the tone for their experience at America’s ER.
- Punctuality and professional appearance are of utmost importance to this role. The Paramedic is expected to present to the facility on time and dressed in the attire approved for the position as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- The full time Paramedic will be scheduled to work a minimum of three (3) 12-hour shifts per week. The PRN Paramedic is expected to give at minimum four (4) availability dates per month and two (2) dates of the month must be for a weekend shift.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Maintain records, which demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and document all QC activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Follow the Laboratory’s policies whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify the Facility Nurse Manager.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in emergency room setting.
- Minimum Emergency Medical Services Professions Paramedic Certificate.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certification.
- Maintain all credentials and continuing education requirements.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Mild to moderate noise levels.
- At times, employee may be required to stand, sit, run, kneel, reach above and/or below the waist, push and pull not limited to 100 pounds.