Emergency Room RN - FT Nights SIGN ON BONUS
- Job Title
- Emergency Room RN - FT Nights SIGN ON BONUS
- Job ID
- Magnolia, TX
- Other Location
The Clinical RN utilizes the standards set forth for Nursing Practice by the State BON and the ENA. The RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for America’s ER patients. It will include individualized, family centered, holistic, supportive, and safe care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Registered Nurse assists the Physician with determining the health care needs of the patient at America’s ER.
- Performs both focused and head-to-toe assessments and health histories.
- Administers prescribed medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Interprets patient information and makes critical decisions about needed actions.
- Coordinates care, in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Direct and supervise care delivered by other healthcare professionals, both licensed and unlicensed.
- Employees of America’s ER are expected to check their company email often. Email is the primary means of communication within the facility and administration.
- Clinical RNs are expected to greet patients and their family members when meeting them in a courteous and respectful manner. Maintaining eye contact, smiling, and speaking in a clear and respectful voice elicits a sense of professionalism and sets the tone for their experience at America’s ER.
- Punctuality and Professional appearance are of utmost importance to this role. RNs are expected to present to their station on time and dressed in the attire approved for the position as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- RNs will come in direct contact will patients that may be ill. RNs are expected to comply with all Employee Health requirements as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- PRN (as needed) RNs is required to be available to work one Holiday/year and must give availability, at minimum, for 2 shifts per month. 1 of those shifts may be required to be a weekend shift (Saturday or Sunday).
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Maintain records, which demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and document all QC activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Follow the Laboratory’s policies whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify the Facility Nurse Manager.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in Emergency Room Nursing.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. AAS required, BSN preferred.
- CEN, CPEN, not required at this time but preferred.
- Maintain all credentials and continuing education requirements.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Mild to moderate noise levels.
- At times, employee may be required to stand, sit, run, kneel, reach above and/or below the waist, push and pull not limited to 100 pounds.