Sr. Internal Auditor
- Job Title
- Sr. Internal Auditor
- Houston, Texas, TX 77041
- Other Location
The Senior Internal Auditor is to add value to the organizational performance by providing quality auditing services that result in verified financial data, reduced costs, gains in operational efficiencies, strengthened internal controls, and improved corporate policy. The Senior Internal Auditor shall also play a key role in executing the Company’s compliance program for the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act and assisting management in their assessment of the Company’s internal control over financial reporting. This position reports to the Director Internal Audit.
- Plan, organize and perform various audits, including financial, operational, and compliance audit projects.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, review documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares accurate and complete working papers that adequately support audit findings and work performed.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations concerning areas being reviewed and discusses them with the auditee.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written draft audit reports and oral presentations to management.
- Identifies and evaluates the organization’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan, and in developing audit programs and tests.
- Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Assists Director of Internal Audit and participates in special projects/investigations as required.
- In addition to auditing duties, performs testing and related tasks for compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act throughout the year. Presents SOX test results to auditees to ensure accuracy and follows-up on remediation efforts. Maintains a proactive approach to ensure compliance with the SOX requirements – to reduce the risk of a Significant Deficiency or Material Weakness, as defined by the SOX regulations.
- Strong knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of COSO a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 35%.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Experience with Oracle Financials a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Foreign language skills a plus, but not required.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Strong knowledge of the SOX Act and compliance requirements.
- Four to seven years’ experience of internal and/or external auditing.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Oilfield services or energy industry experience a plus.
- IT audit experience a plus.
- Current CPA license required.
- Other professional certifications a plus (e.g. CIA, CFE, CISA) preferred.