Assistant Facility Nurse Manager - Emergency Department - Full Time
- Job Title
- Assistant Facility Nurse Manager - Emergency Department - Full Time
- Job ID
- Cypress, TX 77429
- Other Location
The Assistant Facility Nurse Manager (AFNM) utilizes the standards set forth for Nursing Practice by the State BON and the ENA. The AFNM will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for America’s ER patients. It will include individualized, family centered, holistic, supportive, and safe care. The AFNM is integral in ensuring that America’s ER reaches and maintains state and accrediting agency standards. The AFNM will maintain facility standards for patient care in clinical issues as well as working closely with the Facility Nurse Manager to ensure that facility operations function smoothly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The AFNM assists the Facility Nurse Manager (FNM) by taking call for the facility one weekend a month, when the FNM uses PTO, and on occasion when needed.
- The AFNM will perform all the functions of the Clinical Staff RN.
- Ensures that staff is complaint with Employee Health requirements.
- The AFNM will act as the Infection Control Professional, ensuring implementation of approved policies, keeping up with logs, and ensuring staff education regarding Reportable Diseases and Healthcare associated infections designated as epidemiologically significant.
- The AFNM will act as the Patient Safety Program Coordinator, ensuring implementation of approved policies, facilitating assessment and appropriate response to reported events, monitoring the root cause analysis and resulting action plans, and serves as a liaison among facility departments and committees to ensure facility-wide integration of the PSP.
- Coordinates care, in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Direct and supervise care delivered by other healthcare professionals, both licensed and unlicensed.
- Employees of America’s ER are expected to check their company email often. Email is the primary means of communication within the facility and administration.
- The AFNM is expected to greet patients and their family members when meeting them in a courteous and respectful manner. Maintaining eye contact, smiling, and speaking in a clear and respectful voice elicits a sense of professionalism and sets the tone for their experience at America’s ER.
- Punctuality and Professional appearance are of utmost importance to this role. The AFNM is expected to present to the facility on time and dressed in the attire approved for the position as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- The AFNM will staff, at minimum, 3 twelve (12) hour shifts per week on a rotating schedule with the Facility Nurse Manager and/or other Clinical RNs.
- The AFNM will be expected to assist with marketing for America’s ER.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Maintain records, which demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and document all QC activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Follow the Laboratory’s policies whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify the Facility Nurse Manager.
- Minimum 4 years recent experience in Emergency Room Nursing, acting as Charge RN or the equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. AAS required, BSN preferred.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS CERTIFICATION. CEN, CPEN, TNCC not required at this time but preferred.
- Maintain all credentials and continuing education requirements.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Mild to moderate noise levels.
- At times, employee may be required to stand, sit, run, kneel, reach above and/or below the waist, push and pull not limited to 100 pounds.