Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician/Engineer (Night Shift) - Contract
- Job Title
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician/Engineer (Night Shift) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician/Engineer
1 Openings - Night Shift (6PM-6AM) Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and every other Saturday.
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Technician with knowledge and hands on experience working in a 24x7x365 Network Operations Center with demonstrated capabilities to perform effective diagnosis / triage, manage critical incidents, and maintain key operational tools and processes to ensure overall availability, performance, health, and security of all services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Availability and Performance Monitoring
- Monitor and analyze revenue-generating and business-critical platforms (including software, hardware, network, and infrastructure) to ensure availability and performance.
- Monitor data center infrastructure to ensure proper environmental state is maintained.
- Update monitoring tools when commissioning new infrastructure, services, or applications.
- Periodically review/update processes and procedures for all infrastructure, systems, and services.
- Perform regular audits to ensure the health, performance, security, and management of all systems.
Incident and Release Management
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve incidents in support of Tier model and SLAs.
- Log and document all incidents using the defined ticket management system.
- Manage incidents and coordinate releases as defined by procedural documentation (e.g. coordinate all bridge calls, provide updates to technical staff and management, coordinate with vendors, etc.).
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective communication through various methods.
- Perform notification and escalation processes based on Tier requirements.
- Perform and document post-release testing and provide feedback to the release teams.
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications.
Operational Reporting, Process Execution, and Ad-Hoc Project Management
- Perform scheduled (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, etc.) validation of various enterprise systems.
- Perform defined operational processes and reporting.
- Perform add/change/delete as required to ensure accurate and robust monitoring solutions.
- Document processes, SOPs, etc. to ensure accurate information is available across the team.
- Perform installs and upgrades for various NOC monitoring technologies.
- Assist with projects and maintenance on infrastructure, systems, and services, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of production support in business-critical, high uptime environment.
- 3+ years of Network Operations or System Administration.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts (6PM-6AM), Days include Sunday, Monday, Thursday and every Other Friday. Including weekends and holidays, to cover 24x7x365 support schedule.
- Experience with monitoring technologies (e.g. Splunk or SolarWinds).
- Ability to configure monitoring and alerting by following policies and best practices.
- Experience with network or server administration including troubleshooting Linux, Unix and Windows environments.
- Experience in UNIX shell or MS PowerShell scripting is a plus.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, delegate and escalate event situations appropriately with limited direction.
- Ability to work independently or in a team to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of Infrastructure environments – VMware, storage, networks, databases, etc.
- Understanding of industry standard process frameworks (ITIL / Six Sigma)