The job you're applying for is no longer available; please search our other great opportunities by clicking 'ALL JOBS' above!
Copy Editor/Research Support
- Job Title
- Copy Editor/Research Support
- Job ID
- Boulder, CO 80301
- Other Location
Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) is a leading industry analyst firm focused specifically on the issues of managing technology (hardware, software, and services). EMA advises client executives (vendors, IT departments, and service providers) to help them succeed in this arena. EMA has assembled a team of subject matter experts who collectively provide in-depth coverage across the full spectrum of management technologies, products, and services. EMA has an opening for a copy editor/research support person in our Boulder, Colorado office. Visit our website at www.enterprisemanagement.com for a more in-depth look at our organization.
Copy Editor/Research Support
We are seeking a Copy Editor/Research Support person to work with a team of IT research professionals (subject matter experts), editing their documents and ensuring consistency of written output. In this essential role, you will coordinate meetings for them with clients or conference calls with research participants across multiple time zones, assist with project execution and completion, develop products based on client needs, and maintain and grow EMA’s reach via continuing client conversations.
- Copyedit, proofread, and provide a light content edit on a variety of research reports, presentations, and other documents.
- Work with researchers to ensure that documents are clearly written and reflect the style and professionalism of EMA.
- Maintain the integrity and overall quality of EMA’s written communications.
- Update and maintain the EMA style guide.
- Schedule and coordinate research interviews and client appointments across multiple time zones in the U.S. and Europe for the team.
- Understand EMA’s research coverage areas and research content to effectively align client questions with the most relevant researcher.
- Develop new multimedia products as needed to reflect changing industry trends.
- Write impact briefs and maintain reports on behalf of analysts and administrative staff.
- Work with graphic artists to complete infographics and other media products.
- Ensure all vendor briefings and client-related inquiries are recorded in EMA’s CRM system.
- Ensure subject matter experts maintain contact with vendors in their subject areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communications preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the English language is essential for this position.
- Minimum of 2 years of copy/editing experience in a professional publishing environment.
- Working knowledge of Associated Press Style is required.
- Excellent computer literacy and a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, and a CRM system is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with high standards for quality with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and ensure that deadlines for all projects are met.
- Strong communication, time-management, and decision-making skills.
- Ability and desire to handle time-critical editing requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm and a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work constructively with internal and external clients located around the world.
- Intense, independent self-starter with a congenial manner.
- Experience with editing web pages and blogs is a plus.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including four weeks annual accrued vacation, medical, dental and vision benefits, and a 401K.