The job you're applying for is no longer available; please search our other great opportunities by clicking 'ALL JOBS' above!
Certified Medical Assistant-Front Desk
- Job Title
- Certified Medical Assistant-Front Desk
- Job ID
- Las Vegas, NV 02451-1521
- Other Location
Fresenius Medical Care Practice Services, LLC is the largest provider of dialysis products and services. With over 1,800 kidney dialysis clinics, we provide superior care to individuals with renal (kidney) disease. We are considered experts in the treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), Acute Renal Failure (ARF), Kidney Transplantation and creating and maintaining accesses for dialysis therapies. Our company is a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. We are expanding and currently seeking Bilingual Certified Medical Assistants to join our NW Las Vegas team. To learn about us, please visit us at: www.fmcna.com
(Front Office) Certified Medical Assistant
Under the direction of the Office Coordinator, (Front Office) Certified Medical Assistant will be responsible for performing general medical assistant functions in support of the care and treatment of patients while providing assistance to all office personnel as needed
- Perform patient care activities, which include front office check-in, check-out, prescription refills, anemia management, transplant, hospital follow-up, procedure scheduling and patient education
- Notify Physicians of changes in patients’ clinical status and/or abnormal test results in a timely manner
- Interview patients, measure vital signs including pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height, review patients’ medication list and record information in patients’ charts
- High school diploma
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant
- Bilingual-Spanish/English preferred
- 2+ years front and back office experience preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff and outside vendors
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive and cooperative teamwork environment.
- Ability to prioritize and use diplomacy skills, coupled with the ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 20 pounds
- Ability to use a stethoscope, computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax and copier
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.