Special Assistant to Executive Director
- Job Title
- Special Assistant to Executive Director
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX 78207
- Other Location
NALCAB - The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders strengthens the economy by advancing economic mobility for Latino communities. NALCAB is the hub of a national network of more than 120 mission-driven organizations that are anchor institutions in geographically and ethnically diverse Latino communities in 40 states, Washington DC and Puerto Rico. Members of the NALCAB Network invest in their communities by building affordable housing, addressing gentrification, supporting small business growth, and providing financial counseling on issues such as credit building and homeownership. As a grantmaker and US Treasury certified CDFI lender, NALCAB supports the work of its member network with capacity building resources, capital and policy advocacy, and access to funding and technical assistance.
Special Assistant to the Executive Director
The Special Assistant is responsible for supporting the Executive Director with a wide range of analytical tasks to enhance the Executive Director’s efficiency and effectiveness on a day-to-day basis, as well as logistical support related to scheduling and traveling. The candidate should be prepared for a fast-paced work environment that requires learning on a day-to-day basis. This is not an administrative assistant position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis.
- Prepare draft correspondence and other draft written material.
- Support grant writing and drafting reports.
- Support the organization’s impact and evaluation work.
- Assist in the communication on behalf of the executive director with the NALCAB Board of Directors, funders, members, or other stakeholders.
- Work with and communicate with staff across programs and departments.
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and travel logistics.
- Assist the Executive Director to prepare for meetings.
- Accompany the Executive Director to meetings and support follow-up.
- Support other NALCAB teams as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4 year college or university.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
- Experience in working with national and community-based nonprofits preferred.
- Ability to interpret and analyze complex public policy documents and reports.
- Ability to work and interact with diverse coalitions of nonprofit, government and corporate partners.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as needed.
- Ability to perform all the intellectual and analytical requirements of the position, including decision-making.
- Bilingual a plus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position primarily performs its duties indoors and is exposed to outdoors weather conditions and/or moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires travel approximately quarterly.
- Full-Time Position.
Location of Employment:
- San Antonio, Texas.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, paid volunteer time, and many other benefits as well as future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
NALCAB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.