Director of Marketing and Communication
- Job Title
- Director of Marketing and Communication
- Job ID
- WORTHINGTON, OH 43085-2238
- Other Location
The Reading Recovery Council of North America, Inc. (RRCNA) is a non-profit professional association of over 3,700 scholars, teachers, administrators and literacy coaches focused on helping young struggling readers learn to read and write. Reading Recovery is a school-based, short-term intervention focused on first graders with over 35-years of proven evidence that it helps struggling readers accelerate the growth of their literacy skills to grade-level. As the professional association of scholars, teachers, administrators and literacy coaches involved in facilitating this intervention in schools across North America, RRCNA provides strong professional development and educational resources in K-6 literacy and early childhood education and is the voice of the Reading Recovery movement.
Director of Marketing and Communications
With a reconfigured and expanded Marketing and Communications Team, RRCNA is seeking a marketing and communications professional that will bring a variety of well-developed skills, experiences and knowledge that will advance our work on behalf of the Reading Recovery Community. RRCNA provides a unique opportunity for professional staff:
- To work at both strategic and operational levels in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- In a setting that allows for a wide range of opportunities to advance your skills and experience beyond a narrowly focused role.
- For a program that truly can change the lives of the students for which it serves.
As the Director, you’ll serve as the leader of the marketing and communications strategy of the Council, including working collaboratively in multi-year frameworks and perspectives with other staff and volunteer leaders, supervise two marketing and communications team members, plan and monitor the team’s budget, and serve as a Senior Leader of the professional staff.
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or closely related field and 7+ years leading integrated marketing and communication strategies or an equivalent combination of education and years of professional work.
- Especially interested in candidates with direct understanding of/experience in both a wide range of roles within marketing and communications (generalists) and strength in specific areas for leadership (expertise).
- Experience in professional associations and the non-profit context.
- Understanding of broader literacy issues, early-childhood education, and the PK-6/8 environment or ability to learn quickly about these issues.
- Self-starter and team player that thinks strategically and creatively while also handling multiple logistical priorities and details.
- Experience managing budgets and finances of complicated initiatives appropriate for the level of the position.
- Confidence to effectively interact with volunteer leaders and stakeholders of varying organizational levels and types and diplomatically handle complex relationships often involving differing ideas and priorities.
- Robust technological skills and willingness to explore new ways to use technology.
- Some travel to Council events and meetings required (20%).
RRCNA is a tight-knit, non-profit association of 11-professional staff members. In addition to providing webinars, print and electronic educational resources, and advocacy efforts, we host two primary events each year, the National Reading Recovery and K6 Literacy Conference of 2,500 literacy educators and the Teacher Leader Institute of 300 leaders in literacy and Reading Recovery.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. RRCNA works with Insperity, Inc. in a co-employment situation as a way to enhance the benefits offered to our professional staff that go beyond what a smaller Association can typically provide. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and fringe benefits including health, vision, life, retirement contributions and strong paid time-off.
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the Council. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Insperity, Inc. will be facilitating our initial review of applications, and assisting us with background checks of the successful candidate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RRCNA strongly encourages applications from candidates from underpresented populations.