- Job Title
- Visitor Concierge
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Experience Grand Rapids’ mission is to strengthen the region’s economic vitality and quality of life by marketing Grand Rapids/Kent County as a preferred visitor destination. We are currently seeking an outgoing and enthusiastic Visitor Concierge to serve as a welcoming first point of contact for visitors and all those seeking to engage with Experience Grand Rapids.
As the Visitor Concierge, we’ll ask you to:
- Ensure the delivery of outstanding customer service by answering phones and offering helpful information about Kent County to our callers.
- Serve as the main point of contact for walk-in visitors.
- Manage general mailbox and respond to visitor email inquiries.
- Maintain official calendar of events and disseminate information about activities.
- Oversee communications, e-newsletter, and distribution of the visitor guide to area hotels.
- Provide support to the administrative team, ensuring the smooth operation of office functions.
- Assist the marketing department with tasks and projects.
- Engage in social media by creating and monitoring posts using Facebook, Twitter, and various other platforms.
What we’ll need from you:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Education or experience in hospitality, marketing, or communication preferred.
- Prior experience in a customer service and/or receptionist role.
- Demonstrated proficiency with various social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Superior interpersonal communication and customer service skills, casting a warm and approachable demeanor.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, along with the ability to quickly adapt to new technology.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively adapt to shifting priorities.
What you can expect from us:
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401-K, and paid time off is part of the package for full time employees.In addition, as the destination marketing organization for Grand Rapids and Kent County, you’ll get a front row seat to all the great things happening in our county.
If you are interested in becoming part of this exciting organization, please apply online today!
Experience Grand Rapids is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer