Talent and Development Manager
- Job Title
- Talent and Development Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Butterball Farms, Inc. is a world-class food manufacturer on a mission to enrich lives! Recognized globally for our amazing culture, we have been recognized as a West Michigan and National Best and Brightest company to work for four years running. With over 60 years in the industry, Butterball Farms, Inc. works hard to enrich the lives of our customers, employees and community. We imagine butter differently, have a highly recognizable client list and are known by our customers for our innovation, reliability, responsiveness, and our value-add approach to business.
We’re looking for the ideal team player – hungry, humble and smart! Our HR team works collaboratively and transparently, and we are looking for a Talent and Development Director who values integrity, open communication and respect for others. If you have a strong work ethic and a passion for building up those around you, we want to work with you, and we’re willing to provide the resources to make you successful!
As the Talent and Development Director, we’ll ask you to:
- Establish, implement and document training and development plans for team members.
- Work with team members to help them see the possibilities, set goals, and achieve them.
- Develop in-house content, conduct and document training including soft skills and policies in alignment with business goals.
- Optimize training processes for efficiency.
- Work with team leaders to create training logs and effective practices for new hires.
- Oversee, resolve and manage employment related concerns.
- Recruit awesome team members for technical and professional positions aligned with company mission and values.
- Onboard and coach team members in alignment with policies and practices.
- Partner with and coach team leaders and managers on interpretation and administration of Human Resources and business policies, resolving employee relations and employment related issues to achieve organization goals.
- Manage HR policies and programs including adherence to internal policies, ensuring HR laws and regulations are followed and create and update SOPs.
- Understand the manufacturing process and effectively support the team.
- Provide support to team members on all three shifts.
- Keep lots of balls in the air, meet deadlines and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to maintain efficient and effective services.
What we’ll need from you:
- Minimum five (5) years of HR experience, preferably in a HR Generalist capacity. PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR or SHRM-SCP certifications preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with, and provide coaching to all levels of the organization. Influential and confident, yet warm and approachable.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in training and development, employee relations including investigations and recruiting technical and professional team members.
- Commanding knowledge of employment and labor laws related but not limited to EEO, FMLA, COBRA, DOL, ADA, unemployment, worker’s compensation and investigational processes.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent time management skills and an aptitude in problem solving and prioritization.
- High degree of honesty, integrity and reliability, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to understand and apply data for insights.
- A servant leadership mentality and a heart for giving back. You genuinely take pride and joy in the success of those around you.
What you can expect from us:
- A generous compensation package, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits offerings, including medical, dental, vision coverage and 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
- A group of awesome team members and a people-first culture where each contributor is recognized for the value they bring to the organization and those we serve.
- A mid-size organization with the expertise of a larger organization but the nimbleness of a smaller entrepreneurial company.
- The opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and to impact the lives of those around you on a daily basis.
To learn more about the fantastic work our team is doing, visit us at https: https: www.butterballfarms.com