Manager of Human Resources and Administrative & Culinary Operations
- Job Title
- Manager of Human Resources and Administrative & Culinary Operations
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
If you are passionate about food and supporting local entrepreneurs, KEEP READING!!!
The Grand Rapids Downtown Market is a mixed-use facility that brings together local food production, education, and entrepreneurship opportunities. Our indoor facility features a 20+ vendor market hall with two full-service restaurants, while dozens of artisans line our outdoor market shed during special events. We offer several exceptional spaces throughout the site, including a rentable Incubator Kitchen, banquet room/meeting room/greenhouse event spaces, and the nation’s first kid-friendly teaching kitchen (you have to see it to believe it!). The Market is LEED Gold certified, features a green roof, live walls, geotherm wells, a rain garden, and plenty of other innovative, sustainable features.
Reporting to the President/CEO and serving on the Executive Leadership team, the Manager of Human Resources and Administrative/Culinary Operations will play an instrumental role in directing, guiding and managing the staff, day-to-day operations, and administration of the human resources, administrative and culinary departments of the Grand Rapids Downtown Market.
- Guide, direct, and evaluate the work of those within the assigned departments, while developing staff to the next level by providing effective feedback as well as identifying and promoting growth opportunities.
- Drive strategic goals, while working to contribute to the overall profitability of the organization by evaluating the success of organizational departments through measurable goals, KPI’s and reporting.
- Oversee the preparation of budgets and monitor the expenditures within the departments of responsibility.
- Develop relationships and play a leadership role within the community and human resources industry on behalf of the Downtown Market.
- Advise senior leadership, managers, and supervisors in human resource management issues. Consult with legal counsel as directed to ensure appropriate administration of policies and procedures.
- Enhance the recruitment strategy by exploring new recruitment opportunities and managing the full recruitment process for all staff positions.
- Manage the payroll process, including coordination with the external vendor, approval of pay rates, and timely execution of the process.
- Oversee employee benefits programs.
- Actively manage the annual employee performance review process.
- Respond to employee related issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Ensure labor and regulatory compliance (if applicable ADAAA, FMLA, FLSA, EEO, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate employee recognition programs, team building events, trainings, professional development and learning opportunities for employees.
- Represent the Downtown Market to the community through presence and participation in community organizations, serving on community committees and overseeing strategic partnerships.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of HR experience, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent time management skills and an aptitude in problem solving and prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, create, and implement policies and system changes.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with and provide coaching to all levels of the organization. Influential and confident, yet warm and approachable.
- Commanding knowledge of employment and labor laws related but not limited to EEO, FMLA, DOL, ADA, unemployment, worker’s compensation and investigational processes.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility in order to problem solve and build meaningful relationships within the organization.
- High degree of integrity and honesty, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A seat at the Executive Leadership table, and the opportunity to be a contributing voice in shaping the direction of a growing organization. If you want to make an impact, this is your chance!
- Professional development resources and tools necessary to further develop both you personally and the organization as whole.
- The opportunity to play a leadership role in a community-focused organization with the presence and resources to make a difference.
- A people-first culture where each contributor is recognized for the value they bring to the organization and those we serve.
- A generous compensation package, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits offerings, including medical, dental, vision coverage and 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
If this sounds like the perfect challenge for your next opportunity, apply today for consideration. No calls or emailed resumes please. To learn more about the fantastic work our team is doing, visit us at http://downtownmarketgr.com/