Director of Human Resources
- Job Title
- Director of Human Resources
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Other Location
WE SERVE. WE GROW. WE ACHIEVE
Situated halfway between Chicago and Detroit, and just 45 minutes from the sandy shores of Lake Michigan, The Family Health Center (FHC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving the citizens of Kalamazoo County. FHC provides quality health care to some 36,000 historically underserved patients through 150,000 annual visits, ensuring that all people who enter our facilities are treated with dignity, respect and a welcoming spirit. FHC opened in 1971 to address the unmet medical needs of low-income and minority populations in Kalamazoo County. From a temporary space in a converted trailer, FHC has grown to five high-quality health care facilities with state-of-the-art services, plus mobile health and dental clinics, all serving our community. Our goal is to create a “medical home” for families, children and adults who seek answers to their health care needs.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Director of Human Resources will be responsible for providing leadership, and strategic direction for the Human Resources department, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, regulatory agents and professional standards.
- Develop and lead the Human Resources team and administer human resource policies and practices.
- Serve as the liaison to the Executive Leadership team on issues related to human resources.
- Recruit providers and employees for open positions. Update job descriptions as needed.
- Identify employee development needs, and implement training programs/initiatives to support organizational needs.
- Remain current as it relates to human resource laws, regulations and industry best practices. Ensure labor and regulatory compliance (if applicable ADAAA, FMLA, FLSA, EEO, COBRA, etc.)
- Develop, maintain and improve organization’s compensation program.
- Develop and adhere to annual departmental budget.
- Oversee the administration and annual review of all employee benefit plans.
- Monitor overall employee engagement, and in partnership with the President & CEO, drive continuous improvements to organizational culture.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field, Juris Doctorate preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in managing human resource functions.
- Active certification as PHR or SPHR is preferred in addition to experience in healthcare or human service-related organizations.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent time management skills and an aptitude in problem solving and prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, create, and implement policies and system changes.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with and provide coaching to all levels of the organization. Influential and confident, yet warm and approachable.
- Commanding knowledge of employment and labor laws related but not limited to EEO, FMLA, DOL, ADA, unemployment, worker’s compensation and investigational processes.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility in order to problem solve and build meaningful relationships within the organization.
- High degree of integrity and honesty, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- The opportunity to play a key leadership role in a community-focused organization with the presence and resources to make a difference.
- Professional development resources and tools necessary to further develop both you personally and the organization as whole.
- A generous compensation package, including comprehensive health, dental, and vision plan, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan, and a flexible spending account.
To learn more about the fantastic work our team is doing, visit us at: http://www.fhckzoo.com/
Family Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.