Chief Medical Officer
- Job Title
- Chief Medical Officer
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Other Location
WE SERVE. WE GROW. WE ACHIEVE
Situated halfway between Chicago and Detroit, and just 45 minutes from the sandy shores of Lake Michigan, The Family Health Center (FHC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving the citizens of Kalamazoo County. FHC provides quality health care to some 36,000 historically underserved patients through 150,000 annual visits, ensuring that all people who enter our facilities are treated with dignity, respect and a welcoming spirit. FHC opened in 1971 to address the unmet medical needs of low-income and minority populations in Kalamazoo County. From a temporary space in a converted trailer, FHC has grown to five high-quality health care facilities with state-of-the-art services, plus mobile health and dental clinics, all serving our community. Our goal is to create a “medical home” for families, children and adults who seek answers to their health care needs.
The Chief Medical Officer will be responsible for the leadership oversight, direction, and coordination of all health services provided by the Family Health Center. You will be responsible for ensuring the overall patient quality and care of health services delivered, providing leadership and mentoring to the clinical lead provider staff, all while monitoring and adhering to budget limits. Initially, the Chief Medical officer will perform administrative clinical responsibilities 90% of the time, while providing direct patient care approximately 10% of the time.
Our ideal candidate will be a proven leader, an impactful communicator and a resourceful physician, with a patient-first outlook. The Chief Medical Officer will embody the vision, share the core values and deliver results to further the mission of this high-performing and community focused organization. Serving as a member of the Executive Officer Team, this is an incredible opportunity to help guide the Family Health Center into the future and further enhance our impact in the community that we so proudly serve!
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Doctor of Medicine Degree, and Board Certified, preferably in primary care.
- Must have ten (10) plus years of progressive experience in managing clinical services in either a hospital or ambulatory care setting or an equivalent combination of education and related. experience. Preference given to experience in a public and/or community health and patient population being served.
- Demonstrated ability to lead organization-wide quality improvement and impact national quality measures (i.e. HEDIS, UDS, Healthy People 2020)
- Demonstrated experience implementing innovative health care programs conversant with the needs of the patient population being served.
- Aptitude to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent time management skills and an aptitude in problem solving and prioritization.
- Strong ability to understand, create, and implement policies and system changes.
- Demonstrated communication skills necessary to lead effectively setting clear objectives and provide coaching to all levels of the organization. A demeanor which is influential and confident, yet warm and approachable.
- High degree of integrity and honesty, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
In addition to a generous salary, the Chief Medical Officer will have access to a comprehensive health, dental, and vision plan, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan, and a flexible spending account.
For responsibilities and a detailed position profile please contact Jeremy Michalson at (616) 333-6019
To learn more about our work, please review our website at: http://www.fhckzoo.com/
Family Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.