Vice President of Human Resources
- Job Title
- Vice President of Human Resources
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Calling all HR leaders looking for the opportunity to utilize your tactical and strategic HR experience to scale the Human Resource function of a dynamic and rapidly growing organization:
UM Wireless, a national leader in the cellular service retail and distribution industry, is looking for a seasoned, strategic Vice President of Human Resources to guide the HR function of this growing organization into the future. A product of the 2016 merger of two start up’s (Marceco and Universal Wireless), UM Wireless is now a thriving organization that has grown to over 100 retail outlets supported by over 700 employees in just a few short years. The company is built on the foundation of integrity, passion, community, and service to others. With these guiding principles and your leadership, the potential for personal and organizational growth is unlimited!
Serving as a key contributor of the Executive Leadership team, the VP of Human Resources will be responsible for managing all people functions, designing and overseeing the execution of comprehensive talent management strategies that support the strategic business plans to improve overall organizational performance and employee engagement.
- Plan, organize, develop, direct, implement, and evaluate the organization’s human resource function and performance.
- Translate strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Implement, evaluate, and advise on the impact of long-range planning for new programs, strategies, and regulatory action as they relate to employee attraction, motivation, development and retention.
- In partnership with organizational leadership, coordinate efforts to improve employee satisfaction and engagement by identifying and addressing employee concerns. Coach senior leadership to further develop the people leadership skills of others.
- Identify and implement progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to attract and retain talent and drive performance. Ensure the competitiveness of the programs in comparison to relevant organizations, industries, and markets.
- Establish programs to further embrace diversity and inclusion efforts, promoting maximum development and performance of all team members.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps, and implement programs to satisfy the identified gaps. Implement succession planning initiatives for key contributor and management positions, establish training and development programs to prepare employees for enhanced responsibilities, and create general business development programs to enhance employee understanding and knowledge of overall business operations.
- Incorporate relevant metrics and accountability best practices to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Establish trust and credibility within the organization in order to become an effective listener, investigator, and problem solver of employee relations issues.
- Enhance, develop, implement, and enforce HR policies and procedures to improve overall operational effectiveness.
- Keep current on new and existing legislation in order remain in compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements, and advise senior management on necessary proactive and reactive actions.
- Achieve departmental objectives through forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, and managing expenditures and vendors. Recommend and secure necessary resources to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Organize and lead a Human Resources team motivated to construct organizational capabilities that contribute to the competitiveness and maximized performance of the entire organization.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or a related field. SHRM or HRCI certification required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive HR leadership experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of HR experience in the retail industry.
- Strong executive presence and leadership with superior presentation, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Broad HR expertise in the areas of talent acquisition, development and retention; change management; culture and communication; organizational design and workforce planning; compensation and benefits; and HRIS optimization.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills, with high attention to detail and quality.
- Innovative, creative, and inspired by new challenges and building infrastructure. Entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced culture.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with, and provide coaching to all levels of the organization. Influential and confident, yet warm and approachable.
- Understanding of and experience with conflict management and mediation techniques.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility in order to problem solve and build meaningful relationships within the organization.
- Tech-savvy and able to analyze data to make well-informed decisions.
- Experience developing and implementing company-wide initiatives.
- High degree of integrity and honesty, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A seat at the Executive Leadership table, and the opportunity to be a contributing voice in shaping the direction of a rapidly growing organization. If you want to make an impact, this is your chance!
- The opportunity to further develop and mold the HR function and elevate the department’s overall contribution to the organization.
- Professional development resources and tools necessary to further develop the department into a best-in-class HR team.
- A people-first culture where each contributor is recognized for the value they bring to the organization and those we serve.
- A generous compensation package, including a competitive salary and potential for profit sharing. Our comprehensive benefits offerings include your choice of four medical insurance plans, dental, vision coverage, a life and accidental dental and dismemberment policy and long-term disability. Our 401(k) retirement plan offers a generous employer match.
If this sounds like the perfect challenge for your next opportunity, apply today for consideration. No calls or emailed resumes please. To learn more about the fantastic work our team is doing, visit us at https://umwireless.com.