Girl Experience Specialist
- Job Title
- Girl Experience Specialist
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX 78216
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals — each with their own unique skills
and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is powered by more than 5,500 adult volunteers, and serves 14,500 girls in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouting helps girls in grades K–12 practice leadership with grit like a go-getter, problem solve like an innovator, embrace new like a risk-taker and show empathy like a leader. In GirlScouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals who are ready to help shape tomorrow’s leaders.
Girl Experience Specialist
The Girl Experience Specialist assists with the development and delivery of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience; plans, implements, monitors and evaluates program activities that attract and retain girls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incorporates the Girl Scout Leadership Experience into all GSSWT communities.
- Contributes to the council’s activity guide through the development of program opportunities.
- Designs programs to support membership, retention and the building of diverse participation.
- Assists in the development and implementation of council-sponsored and volunteer-led programs and summer camps.
- Collaborates with program volunteers.
- Assists with the analysis of program evaluations to ensure membership needs are being met, addresses issues and modifies or discontinues programs as needed; assists with outcome survey implementation.
- Maintains adequate record keeping, paperwork processes and database administration for program participation and evaluation.
- Supports grant development and implementation.
- Partners with Membership Recruitment, Troop Support, Volunteer Support and Girl Experience staff and volunteers to ensure effective and quality delivery of information regarding Girl Scouts.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in support of the council’s mission and goals.
The employee is required to maintain membership with Girl Scouts of the United States of America throughout the duration of their employment with GSSWT.
Bachelor's degree; and one to two years related experience and/or training.
Gamma Sigma experience or experience working with teenage youth highly preferred
Must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Outlook, and Word).
Starting at $16.50/hour
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSWT offers:
- Competitive pay.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
GSSWT works to maintain the best possible environment for its employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. It strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.