Assistant to the COO
- Job Title
- Assistant to the COO
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Founded in 1985, the Right Place is West Michigan’s regional economic development organization. The Right Place serves both current and prospective West Michigan companies, providing one-stop assistance for location, innovation and growth. During this long history, the organization has assisted existing and new companies to create over 40,000 new jobs and over $4 billion in new investments.
We are looking for an Assistant to the COO to join our team. This position will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks to support the Chief Operating Officer of a small professional organization. The Assistant to the COO will help promote a smooth working flow within the office. Come join our close-knit, innovative team!
Your responsibilities each day:
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer/Assistant Treasurer.
- Provide operational support to the staff.
- Receive and process routine accounts receivable and accounts payable, while maintaining accurate records of these transactions.
- Provide new employee orientation and benefits enrollment.
- Receive guests and answer the main phone line afternoons. Screen and refer phone inquiries to support RPI’s business retention, expansion, and attraction efforts.
- Provide backup for IT, business equipment support and troubleshooting, as well as the point of contact for all office maintenance issues.
- Coordinate office and equipment needs and other support as required.
- Manage office and kitchen supplies inventory, incoming and outgoing mail, including parcels.
- Maintain the resume bank for applications to The Right Place.
- Maintain and adjust the business continuity plan.
- Provide administrative and planning support to staff including: Maintaining membership lists, coordinating meetings, preparing and distributing invitations, notices, agendas, documents and meeting minutes as needed.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Associates Degree in Business or Business support.
- 5-10 years’ experience in administrative coordination and support.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to discretely handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven project management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to dig deep into problems and discover solutions.
- Efficient and effective decision-making skills.
- Accounting experience preferred.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to make a positive impact in the economic health in West Michigan.
- The opportunity to collaborate with the best and brightest business minds.
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including generous vacation, 401(K) retirement, health, and life insurance.